Creation

The gem was a rare item, but there was also no great demand. It wasn't every day that a warrior or mage of such a high level emerged, and the others already had their weapons. However, those who might need it usually had great purchasing power.

Specifically, on that occasion, their greatest rival was a warrior who was close to being able to wield weapons of such a high level, and was gathering materials. In fact, she had purchased several that Goldmi's group had bid on. Therefore, when the warrior saw them bidding, she smiled with a certain disdain and superiority. She was sure of outdoing them.

"50,000 from box eight. Does anyone bid higher?" the host announced upon receiving the bid. It had significantly increased the previous bid.

"55,000 from the presidential pact. Does anyone want to outbid?" he immediately announced another price.

What the warrior didn't know was that, unlike the previous ones, they wanted this one. About the other materials, they were willing to buy them if the price was good, but they had no urgent need. There would be other opportunities in the future.

The warrior frowned, as she believed that her previous price was high enough. Nonetheless, she was used to getting what she wanted.

"70,000 from box eight. Any other bid?"

"75,000 from the presidential box. Does anyone else want it?"

The answer had come in seconds. It was evident that the buyer hadn't hesitated at all. In fact, Goldmi was determined to get it, and Elendnas didn't dare dissuade her. Rather, he was moved, and didn't even feel guilty that his wife was willing to pay such a high price for him.

It might have been like that in the past. However, he knew that not only did the elf have a huge budget, but she would get mad at him if he hinted that it was too much. They had already been through that.

The warrior bid again, somewhat hesitant. That was her limit.

"80,000 from box eight. Any other bid?"

"85,000 from the presidential box. Who wants to offer a higher price?"

Once again, the response had been immediate. The children were enjoying it. They were taking turns bidding this time.

"85,000 at one, 85,000 at two, 85,000 at three... Won by the presidential box!" the director of the auction announced.

"Are there no more bids?" Kroluo complained. It was his turn.

"You'll have to wait for the next one," his father smiled, while caressing the crest on his son's reptilian head.

It must be said that he was somewhat impressed. The elf had not even flinched when it came to setting the price, which the children sent. Even he would have trouble justifying such a high price, and he wasn't sure if Krinia had had enough.

They continued chatting, eating and bidding, until the auction ended. Gjaki sent them back through a Gate, so that it wouldn't be known that they had left their box. Apart of course from their guards.

Although, before saying goodbye, Kroquia began to make plans to take a vacation day at Gjaki's mansion. The idea of visiting the elven forest was also tempting.

Krinia gratefully said goodbye to Eldi, for the promise to craft her a staff. He had also offered to make weapons for the rest, although Gjaki made them promise that they would all go together. She knew that Eldi did it for her, as they were her friends. Therefore, at least, she wanted them to not bother him too much.

Afterward, they went to the mansion. Eldi wanted to discuss some things with Elendnas in front of a crafting platform.

"Try this one," Eldi handed him a longbow.

Elendnas shot at the target, and hit the center as always.

"Better the previous one. This's more powerful, but it's a little slow for me," he assessed.

"Perfect, it was the last test. Go with your wife and the girls, I'll bring it when it's done," he drove him out.

"Really, thank you for everything. I don't know what to say," the elf was speechless.

"Weren't you going to come and give me a hand? I need you to have the best bow," the high human wanted to play down the importance.

"I'll be there whenever you need me," the elf assured, and gave a deep bow before leaving.

Eldi smiled. He liked Elendnas. He was honest, and both his wife and his daughters adored him. The elf even laughed at himself while saying that, when younger, he had been too proud, and that his misfortunes had taught him humility. Now that he had regained his power, he hadn't forgotten the lessons of the past.

In fact, his power was on par with Goldmi's, although with far fewer skills. After rebuilding his body, he hadn't only recovered his level, but it had risen to that point.

They didn't know if it was a side effect of the potion, or if the cause was the accumulation of all those years sick. He hadn't leveled up during that time, but that didn't mean he had wasted time.

Anyway, Eldi turned towards the carpentry platform. He took out the anemos gem and let it go. It floated. Then, he picked up a thick branch of hard bluish wood, of very high quality. It was hard, flexible, and a great conductor of mana.

Eldi didn't initially have that wood, so Elendnas had gone to look for it days ago. He had explained that the ancient tree had offered it to him as thanks for his help in the past.

He let the gem embed itself, by directing it to a node impossible to see with the naked eye. There, the channels through which the manna had circulated in the branch converged.

"This branch is quite special," he said to himself. He was amazed by the clarity of the channels.

Then, he shaped it little by little. There were other smaller nodes, in which he embedded other simpler gems. In this way, he distributed the mana load, and increased the options of how to use it.

As the work progressed, engravings appeared. Eldi hadn't predefined them, but rather he followed what the wood whispered to him, or so he felt. The result wasn't only beautiful, but gave harmony to the whole, in appearance and functionality.

He spent hours polishing even the smallest detail, during which some apprentices watched attentively. Not very often could they witness a work of such magnitude.

When he shut off the flow of mana, the bow slowly fell into his hands. It was glowing softly, as if in greeting. He might have been a little tired, but at the moment he felt too satisfied to notice. That longbow was the best work he had ever done, at least, since he had returned. He was looking forward to seeing it in action.