Auction (I)

The leprechaun words, however, had managed to partially calm her down. If Kan Golge really was her enemy, he probably wouldn't try anything else for a long time. If he was still alive, and had been able to hide from his enemies for so long, it was largely due to being extremely cautious and patient. She could rule out the possibility that he was now watching her. He would leave her alone for probably a few decades.

In fact, she was partially watched. The leprechaun had given her a strange artifact. If she met Kan Golge, she had promised to activate it.

Gjaki preferred not to tell anything to the inhabitants of the mansion, to most of them. She knew them, and knew they would worry too much. Although she did tell Eldi, and also Goldmi some days later, always on the condition that they remain silent. They were her companions, who had to fight alongside her. All of them had a right to know what they could face.

Although worried, none of them even considered separating to avoid danger. There was a lot to do, and they couldn't let a "legendary villain" stand in their way.

They spent more than a week resting. Goldmi was with her family. Eldi was creating equipment and potions, and reading as many books as he could get his hands on. Gjaki also took a vacation, sometimes alone with Chornakish, sometimes with some friends, like Coinin, Espid, or Goldmi herself and her daughters.

Finally, they returned to the City of Light. It was the day they were auctioning off several fireproof weapons that Eldi had created. Furthermore, there was an item in the auction that they wanted to get at all costs. Luckily, they weren't short of money. Each of them had accumulated a great fortune from the game, which in the case of the vampiress, it had only grown. Not in vain was she the Blood Queen, and many of her enemies had been quite rich.

There was a long line to enter the building. It was the annual auction in the city by the Chamber of Commerce, a powerful association dedicated precisely to commerce. Their businesses caused all kinds of valuable objects to fall into their hands, and they held auctions to sell them if they believed they could make greater profits.

In addition to their own items, the Chamber of Commerce also agreed to auction objects from third parties, if they met the requirements, and after being thoroughly reviewed. They took a commission, and also managed to attract more buyers.

Gjaki had brought a hammer, an axe, a whip, a spear and two fireproof daggers. They were of a lower level than necessary to enter the second floor of the dungeon, but their quality made them better than the vast majority of weapons available.

Without a doubt, other master blacksmiths could make them, but they usually had other, more lucrative commissions. This meant that those weapons were exceptional due to their rarity. Besides, they were being sold precisely in the city where many adventurers would want to get their hands on them.

Gjaki, Goldmi, and Eldi ignored the main entrance and the long queue, and headed to a side entrance intended for important visitors. The manager looked at them with a frown. They had Disguised their level around 60, weren't wearing fancy clothes, and were disguised as normal vampires. They didn't want to stand out.

"This entrance is for people with a VIP invitation. Please line up there like everyone else," the manager denied them entry before they could say anything.

"Look at them, there're always commoners who want to sneak in. Move aside and let us pass," a mocking voice was heard from behind.

It was a young vampire who dressed ostentatiously, and was accompanied by a group of young people. These weren't as ostentatious as him, but not by much.

Those young rich people walked past them, arrogant, as if they didn't exist. Maybe, if Goldmi hadn't grabbed her shoulder, Gjaki would have done more than just stare at them.

"Leave them be, it's not worth it," she asked her.

"This way, young lord. Your visit is our honor," the manager received him flatteringly, with a deep bow.

The young group entered, and some even turned and looked at them with disdain, even mocking them. If it weren't for them not wanting to draw attention, Gjaki would have put them in their place right there. In fact, if they knew who they were dealing with, more than one would have even fallen to their knees, asking for forgiveness, terrified. The Blood Queen's fame was somewhat exaggerated, probably.

"Haven't you left yet? This isn't your place," the manager exhorted them. He even called the guards to throw them out if they didn't leave willingly.

At that moment, Gjaki took out a card decorated in such a way that it looked like a precious gem. She placed it aggressively in front of the manager.

The guards stepped forward, and he was about to blame her attitude, when he recognized the card. His face became paler than it already was, as he took the card with a trembling hand.

"A... An ada... adamantine card?" he stammered. Sweat appeared on his forehead as he verified the authenticity of the card.

That seemingly ordinary person was actually a client of the highest distinction. The flow of mana proved that she was the original owner, that she hadn't stolen or found it.

"Honestly, your welcome is disappointing. I'll have to talk to your superiors," Gjaki threatened, visibly angry.

"But... I didn't know..." he wanted to defend himself.

"No, you didn't know, and you haven't even asked. Let's go," Gjaki called her friends.

Before the astonished gaze of the guards, and that of the nervous and dejected manager, she recovered the card and entered. They were greeted by a young vampiress.

"Dear customers, do you have a reservation? I can check it, or show me your customer card," she asked kindly.

"We don't have a reservation. Can you get us a good room for the three of us?" Gjaki asked as she showed her card.

The receptionist opened her eyes wide when she picked it. It took a few seconds before she composed herself.

"Ex... Excuse me for my lapse. I... I've never seen one of these. Please follow me. Nila, take care of it for a while."

Normally, she would have sent one of her assistants to accompany the guests, but on this occasion, she guided them personally. Not even when the previous group had arrived had she done so.

"What's your name?" Gjaki asked.

"Lakniba, dear customer," she responded.

The receptionist tried to hide it, but she seemed nervous. She feared that her initial shock had caused a bad image.

"I see. What's the name of the one at the entrance?"

"Jonmio"

"I don't know where they've gotten him from to be so arrogant. Someone like you would do it better," the vampiress evaluated casually.

Eldi and Goldmi looked at her and shrugged. It was evident that her friend was resentful of the treatment.

Lakniba, on the other hand, opened her eyes wide. If a client of that category recommended her, she could be promoted. Perhaps, her coworker would be demoted, or even fired.

She didn't know what he had done to irritate her, but she didn't pity him. She agreed that he was arrogant. She would have added prideful, despotic, narcissistic and a few more adjectives. Needless to say, she didn't like him.