Unexpected visit (II)

"Damn you, couldn't you come in like everyone else? You scared me to death," Kruloz complained.

"God, those illusions seemed real," Krongo took a deep breath.

"Ha, ha. This time, you've outdone yourself!" Krinia laughed.

"Surely, it was your idea..." the archer accused her.

"You can't prove it!" the mage laughed. "Let me introduce you to someone. This's Goldmi, Gjaki's friend."

Just then, the elf entered. She had stood outside, while waiting for them to finish the prank.

"Ah! That Goldmi!? Nice to meet you! Your burgers are amazing! Although, what you call pudding is even better!" the warrior praised her.

"It's a real pleasure. Please, sit down. Have you had breakfast?" Kruloz offered.

"Yes, thank you. It's also a pleasure to meet you. Gjaki has told me a lot about all of you," she returned the greeting.

"Well, now tell us, why have you come?" Krinia asked her friend.

"We have to go to a certain place, and I was wondering if we could borrow some gates. Where to, Goldmi?" Gjaki asked.

"Towards there, towards the sea," Goldmi pointed out.

They looked at her strangely. It was a somewhat peculiar way of indicating a place.

"That must be near Portfjania. There's a gate there. Although, it won't be easy to borrow it. They're very busy with the prince's seventh birthday," the mage assessed.

"Has Kroquia's son grown that much? It seems like it was yesterday..." the vampiress was a little surprised.

"If you came more..." the mage scolded her.

"How are yours?" Gjaki asked.

"In the dungeon. What memories... They make me a little envious," Krongo responded wistfully.

"Now that I think about it, maybe it'll be easier than I thought. You had some kind of portable cooking platform, right?" Kruloz asked Goldmi.

"Yes, why?" the elf looked at him curiously.

"Well, the prince fell in love with some of your dishes. He's especially fond of a blue meat pie. I think that, in exchange for some, not even the stingy emperor will be able to refuse," the archer proposed.

"If he hears you criticize him like that, he'll hang you up," Krongo laughed.

"He still hasn't forgiven me for beating him at dice last time," Kruloz also laughed.

"They're supposed to be respectable nobles, but they're like kids," Krinia sighed.

"Well, then, who's accompanying them?" Kruloz asked.

"Me, of course. I can't leave defenseless women with you. Besides, I had to stop by today," the mage concluded.

"Defenseless..." Krongo repeated while shaking his head.

He knew what the vampiress was capable of, and he had heard of the elf. They didn't fall into the definition of defenseless. However, it was true that it was more convenient for the mage to go, to avoid suspicions or rumors.

"Great Mage, it's a pleasure to receive you. Who's your companion?" The person in charge of transportation met them.

Before Krinia could respond, Gjaki took out a black badge. It identified her as a personal friend of the emperors.

The officer gave her a respectful bow, after which he stepped aside to let them pass.

The vampiress followed the mage through the wide and luxurious corridors, with which the reptilian was undoubtedly familiar. They arrived at a large room, where a heated discussion was taking place. The emperors and several ministers were there.

Everyone turned when they saw the newcomers, greeted the Great Mage with familiarity, and looked curiously at the stranger who accompanied her. All except the emperors, who opened their eyes wide, especially the empress.

Gjaki was in disguise, but had chosen one she knew they would recognize. The empress had to force herself not to show a wide smile, while the emperor was much more serious. He had some familiarity with Gjaki, but wasn't a close friend. Furthermore, her identity as Blood Queen gave her a rank that wasn't easy to ignore, even if she didn't give it much importance.

"Make me a list of the guests and mark the doubts and order. Arguing like this is a waste of time," the emperor ordered.

""Yes, your majesty, as you wish,"" everyone obeyed.

They looked even more curiously at the newcomer, while wondering who she was. It was evident that the emperor had thrown them out to be alone with her.

As soon as they left, Gjaki undid her disguise. She found herself having great difficulty breathing in the empress's strong embrace, while Krinia laughed.

"Honey... This's not very appropriate. She's the Blood Queen and..." the emperor wanted to stop her.

"She's my friend. Besides, I have to punish her, she hasn't come for a long time. What brings you here?" Kroquia asked her.

"She's come to borrow transportation to Portfjania" the mage explained, since the vampiress couldn't speak.

"This... It's expensive to activate it, and we're very busy with the celebration..." the emperor began to look for excuses.

He didn't like at all then they used his gates without a good reason. If he didn't put a stop to it, the traffic on them would be continuous, and they would have to repair them more often. If he made an exception now, it would be difficult not to make one after another.

"I don't think the prince likes to hear that..." Krinia added.

"What do you mean?" the emperor frowned.

It was difficult for him to deny anything to his son, and he couldn't bear to see him angry. In fact, it was Kroquia who was the strictest, especially if he behaved like a spoiled child. She didn't want him to be like the emperor's deceased brother.

Kroquia also looked at her, loosening her embrace, which Gjaki took advantage of to slip away. She loved Kroquia a lot, but sometimes her friend was too effusive. She had even been starting to consider using Intangible.

"Gjaki can bring her friend Goldmi. You know, the one that makes some of the prince's favorite dishes. She's even offered to teach some to the chefs. Of course, if it's not possible, I'll have to apologize to little Kroluo for not achieving it," Krinia threatened.

"That's blackmail!" the emperor protested.

"It's called negotiation," the mage smiled at him, somewhat vengefully.

The emperor had told her that same thing some time ago. He frowned at her, though he finally sighed. There was a lot of trust between them, and he knew that he had lost that negotiation.

"Okay... Ten recipes for transportation," the emperor offered.

"Two."

"Nine."

"Three."

In the end, they came to five, although Goldmi didn't really mind giving them all. Gjaki and Kroquia were whispering meanwhile, ignoring them.

"When can she come?" the emperor finally asked.

"She's waiting. Where can I put a Gate?" Gjaki asked.

Using the official gates was expensive, and bringing Goldmi through them would have meant having to answer questions upon arrival. It was easier for Gjaki to bring her after the negotiation.

Therefore, they were led to a courtyard where the spacial blocking barriers could be deactivated. Gjaki set a mark, created a Gate and crossed it. She soon returned with the elf and Krinia's two husbands.

"Them too?" the empress, who was there, was surprised.

"They had to come one of these days, and it's cheaper that way. We have to take advantage," Krinia responded, as she stuck out her long tongue.