Water sister

The sun hadn't even risen when she got up, slowly, without making a sound. She didn't want to wake up her husband or the girls. The elf ran into her sisters as she left the room. They were just as impatient as she was.

"Let's go," she smiled at them.

She opened a Gate, and the three of them appeared under a thick network of leaves, roots and branches, which opened to let them pass.

"It's closer. I'll check her!" the goshawk took flight, impatient.

The lynx would have wanted to go too, but she knew that her sister would be in the water. Besides, she didn't want to leave her elf sister alone either. Instead, the lynx insisted that her sister ride her.

The elf had to admit that riding her sister was always an exciting experience. Her daughters loved it, although the lynx never went at maximum speed with them, as she was afraid that they would fall. They were heading towards a small port city, as it was the direction in which they sensed her sister.

"I've found her! She's okay! Hey! Don't get me wet!" the goshawk exclaimed, undoubtedly excited.

The elf smiled. Just the fact that she was fine was a huge relief. She couldn't wait to hug her.

Goldmi dismounted near the entrance to the city, as she didn't want to attract too much attention. The lynx hid In the Shadow for that very reason.

"I'm sorry, you can't pass, it's dangerous," a reptilian soldier stopped them.

A merchant was also standing there, waiting, visibly worried.

"What's happened?" the elf asked, a little worried. She was cursing that a problem had appeared precisely now.

"I'd be better for you to go back the way you came. There's an emergency. A huge sea monster, a Kraken, has appeared. At the moment, it hasn't attacked, but it can do so at any time. The first fishermen who were going out to fish discovered it," the other soldier revealed, clearly nervous.

"I... I understand," the elf responded, before turning around.

They didn't notice anything strange about her. It was normal for her to be nervous about such news. Although in reality, what she felt was guilty.

She walked away quickly, until losing sight of them. Then, she called her sister.

"Let's go. We have to find a more suitable place," she asked the lynx.

"She always brings problems," the feline sighed, although she seemed rather amused.

"Can you talk to her?" Goldmi asked the goshawk.

"No. She has recognized me, but I can't. I couldn't do it either until we met. It must be the same," the albino bird explained.

"See if you can guide her south, to the opposite side from where we came yesterday," the elf asked.

"I'll try."

They quickly traveled along the coast, while riding the lynx, until they found a beach.

"It'll be fine there," she pointed out.

The elf dismounted and waded into the knee-deep water. Then, she took out a small sailboat from her inventory. It wasn't a magical ship like the pirate one they had used in the dungeon, but a simple sailboat without keel.

The lynx climbed up doubtfully. She didn't like not having her feet on the ground, and that little boat looked flimsy. Nonetheless, it was fast. Especially, when the wind could be summoned with the elf's magic.

She had never sailed except in the game, but somehow she seemed to remember it. Not in vain, Goldmi had spent hours doing so. She loved the races that were organized, as well as accompanying her sister in the water.

Without hesitation, she headed towards where she felt his sisters.

"It's moving. It seems that it's moving away," one of the officers reported. He was looking through a kind of magical spyglass.

"I hope it's true, and that it doesn't come back. It'll be ruin if the fishermen can't work," the mayor wished.

"It's strange, I'd say that it's following a bird. It's very, very strange," the officer was surprised.

"Maybe the bird made it angry?" another officer suggested.

"Maybe. It could be from a trainer. We'll have to thank them" the first responded.

"As long as it doesn't make it angry and go on a rampage... It could be very dangerous," the mayor feared, worried.

"Wait! A boat is approaching! What're they doing!? They're crazy! They're going towards the monster!" the officer exclaimed.

"Let me see!"

The mayor stood up and took the spyglass from him. Incredulous, she watched as the boat approached quickly. It wasn't very big, and there were no more than two silhouettes, one of which didn't look human.

She shuddered as she saw the enormous Kraken leap out of the water. It was heading toward the daring vessel, threatening to crush it with its body.

"They're damned... Oh!? What!? It's impossible!! What's happening!?" she exclaimed, without quite believing what her eyes were showing her.

The officers looked at her with curiosity and a certain anxiety. They weren't able to imagine what had astonished her so much.

The little kraken's tentacles wrapped the elf. She was hugging her with all of them, not wanting to let her go.

Goldmi laughed and cried, and hugged her too, now that she was barely the size of her own head. Her water sister had excitedly jumped on her upon seeing them, startling her for a moment. As she fell, the kraken had been Shrinking, until she reached her current size.

The name of her skill was the same as the lynx's, although it had some differences. The kraken could permanently shrink or reverse it, although she could only use it twice a day.

"I know you're happy, but maybe you should let her breathe," the feline reprimanded, much happier than her words indicated.

"Earth sister!" the now small kraken exclaimed.

She let go of the elf and jumped on the lynx, who did nothing to avoid her. She had missed her a lot too. The goshawk joined the other two, as Goldmi looked at them and laughed, while wiping her tears. She could barely look at them few moments before approaching and hugging them all.

"We better go. Come, I'll introduce you to my daughters," the elf proposed after a while.

"Ah! You have daughters!? I want to see them! Did you mate with Elendnas?" the kraken asked, which made the elf blush.

"Yes, they mate often. The girls are lovely, you'll like them," the feline explained.

"Could you not talk like that about my relationship with Elendnas?" the elf protested.

"You know what elves are like. They complicate relationships, and they don't like to call things by their name," the goshawk sighed.

"I remember. They're entertaining. Now, I'll be able to watch them again," the water sister agreed happily.

Goldmi opened her mouth to complain, but in the end, she changed her mind. Her sisters not only thought that way, but they were knowingly mocking her. Despite this, she felt too happy to reproach them for anything. They all felt that way.

She opened a Gate home that they all crossed, the kraken on the elf's other shoulder, the one that wasn't the goshawk's property. Goldmi jumped out at the same time she picked up the boat, to return to their home.