Imperial neighbors (I)

"Dear customer. Please follow me to your reserved box," an employee greeted her attentively.

"It seems that Tihgla has warned them," Gjaki said to herself, as she followed her guide.

She wasn't disguised, but covered by a cape and hood. They hadn't given her any trouble for it, she had just received a few curious looks. After taking out the black card, their curiosity had only increased. However, that was all they could do. They couldn't bother someone with a VIP card.

He took her to the best box in the auction room, much larger than the one in the City of Light. The city of the labyrinth couldn't compare to the capital of Goltrenak.

"I'll immediately send someone to bring you food and drinks. Do you want something in particular?" the employee offered.

"No need for them to come. Let no one come in," she refused.

"Whatever you desire," he accepted.

While she had surprised him a little, he couldn't object. Whatever the reason for not wanting their services, it was unimportant. Simply, they had to fulfill her wishes.

The truth is that Gjaki had better food than they could offer her. Plus, she could get almost any dish at a moment's notice. After all, Goldmi, Eldi, and several companions soon arrived. Despite that, there was more than enough space left.

"Make yourselves comfortable. I'm going to visit some acquaintances. It won't start for a while," she received them before leaving.

She had seen the tenants of the neighboring box before reaching hers. They hadn't recognized her under the hood, but she did. Furthermore, the guards standing in front of the door gave more than a clue.

"Hi. Could you tell their majesties that a friend has come to see them?" she greeted the reptilian guards.

They looked at her suspiciously. Nonetheless, they had seen her leave the presidential box, and knew what that meant. Therefore, the guards acted with extreme respect.

"Who do we have to announce?" one of them asked.

Instead of saying her name, Gjaki took out a bat-shaped stuffed animal and handed it to her.

"Show them this," the vampiress asked.

They looked at her and the stuffed bat somewhat bewildered. If she hadn't come from the presidential box, they may have kicked her out.

They carefully made sure there were no hidden enchantments or traps, which was easier than expected. It was simply a stuffed animal, it had no strange materials that could hide a trap. Their mana artifacts attested to it.

Somewhat hesitantly, the guard knocked on the door. It was a bit uncomfortable to enter with a stuffed animal.

"What's happening?" a voice asked.

"We have a visit from the presidential box. She brought this, she said they would recognize it," she handed over the stuffed animal.

The other guard looked at it surprised. He closed the door and turned around, somewhat embarrassed.

"Your Majesty, someone has come..." he began to announce.

"Who brought this!?" the royal magician interrupted him.

"A visit from the presidential box," he explained, not daring to curse her for not letting him finish.

"Let her pass!" she ordered.

"Who is she?" the empress asked. "She!?"

Her friend had thrown the stuffed animal at her, and she had evidently recognized it.

Soon, a hooded figure entered the room. She smiled as she saw them.

"Hello everyone. I didn't expect to see you here," she greeted them, while taking off her hood.

"Gjaki!" Krinia hugged her.

The guards guarding the interior looked at her with suspicion, surprise and respect. Her silver hair, Gjaki's name, and her being known revealed her identity. In fact, they had seen her in the palace not so long ago.

"I'll keep the stuffed toy," Kroquia laughed, hugging her too.

"Gjaki, last time you left before we returned. We're not that ugly," Kroco greeted her.

"Lady Gjaki... It's a pleasure," Grikdra, Kroco's wife, greeted her too.

"Are you saying that again? What do you mean with "lady"? What did I tell you!? Just call me Gjaki like the others!" the vampiress demanded, as she hugged her.

They had not shared time in the dungeon, but she knew her from other visits.

"Aunt Gjaki..." Kroluo, the prince, called her timidly.

She smiled and opened her arms, while the guards turned their backs. They preferred not to see anything.

There were also Krongo, although not Kruloz. The archer had promised to give the kids some classes, although those kids hadn't been kids for a long time.

"What've brought you here?" she asked after the multiple greetings.

"What's it going to be? Buy some items," Krinia laughed.

"We can reach an agreement not to compete among ourselves," Gjaki proposed.

"It's a good idea. This way, we won't spend money uselessly. What do you want to buy?" Kroquia asked.

"Any quality material that isn't too expensive. They're looking if there's something else they wanted. The only thing that is really non-negotiable is the anemos gem," the vampiress explained.

Instantly, from Kroquia's look at Krinia, she could deduce that they wanted it too. Therefore, she looked at this Krinia questioningly.

"What do you want it for? It won't be of any use to you," the mage avoided the unasked question, somewhat awkwardly.

"It's not for me, it's for Goldmi," Gjaki revealed.

"Didn't she already have an incredible bow?" she was surprised.

"Well, it's for her husband. He's cured."

"Ah, I see... So..." Krinia murmured, a bit hesitant.

She quite liked Goldmi since they had met a short time ago. The mage knew about her husband's illness, so she understood the situation. She was hesitating whether just give up, as much as she wanted it too.

"What do you want it for? It doesn't fit you," the vampiress asked.

"Why not? I need a new staff, and the gem would serve as a core to hold the mana. But... I guess I'll look for another one..." the reptilian sighed.

"Your affinity wasn't electric?" the vampiress wondered.

"Eh, yes, of course, why?" the mage asked, confused.

"The anemos gem has a wind affinity. It's not the best you can choose."

The mage looked at her with wide eyes, incredulous, without quite believing it.

"Are you sure? How do you know? The blacksmith said..." she didn't finish the sentence.

The truth is that the blacksmith wasn't an expert in magic weapons, and his level was barely enough, but he was the best in the capital. Above him, there were the master blacksmiths, and they weren't so easy to find.

"Well, he told me... Ah... Why don't you come to my box, and we'll talk about it? There's Goldmi and other friends. One of them is an expert. Plus, there're Goldmi's daughters and other children," she offered, looking askance at the prince. "However, nothing you see can be revealed."

"You always have to be so mysterious. Fine, I promise. Are the rest of you coming? Kroluo would benefit from playing... interacting with children of other races. It's good for his learning," the mage proposed. She was also the prince's tutor.

Kroquia looked at her friend with a smile. The boy looked at his father with expectant eyes, so the emperor couldn't refuse, even though it had been his first choice. Besides, he was curious about so much secrecy.