Leveling up in company

For his part, Eldi stayed in the mansion. There was plenty of room, and there was no better place to come and go. Besides, he still had weapons, armor, jewelry and potions to craft. Also, he even helped training some of them inhabitants. It was better seeing spells and skills in person than on video.

As for Gjaki, she just acted like always. It wasn't uncommon for her to go out for a walk, and return in the afternoon or at night.

Perhaps, it was Chornakish who was most pleasantly surprised. He didn't know why, but his lover was no longer arguing for him to turn into a vampire, nor did she seem concerned about it. When he had almost agreed, she had stopped insisting. He couldn't know that her vampiress had come up with a better solution, though she hadn't told him yet. She wanted to wait for it to be in her hands.

The next morning, the group that reached the ants' territory was considerably larger. There were seven members of the mansion, including Brurol and Cuina. They were the ones that were at the right levels. Gjaki had asked her companions for permission to bring them, once she had verified that they could easily deal with the ants.

The insects were exploring the caves from which their enemies had disappeared, although they hadn't found any of the two Exit Gates that the vampiress had hidden the day before. Therefore, the group took them by surprise when they arrived.

Brurol, Cuina, and a dwarf-vampiress were advancing through the tunnel, followed by the silver-haired vampiress. She watched the situation, ready to intervene if something went wrong.

Diknsa was behind her. Although her level was lower, her work had always been a supporter, so she protected and healed them from behind. Perhaps, her effects were reduced by her lower level, but any help was welcome, and she could easily level up without risk.

The rear was covered by Eldi and a dwarf-vampire, with the lynx behind them. Goldmi and a couple of mages were in the middle, helping out from time to time. These mages were devil-vampires with light blue skin and a horn on their foreheads. They weren't good at board games, but as mages, they were competent.

They soon arrived at the same place as the day before, where they settled, and the goshawk flew out.

The mansion dwellers had less ability to restore their energy and mana, so they rested more often. If there were many who were able to fight at the same time, they could advance and go out to the entrance of the cave. There, there would be more ants at once, and they were free to back off to rest when tired.

It must be said that seeing Goldmi, her sisters and Eldi fight in person was fascinating. They had watched them many times in Gjaki's videos, so fighting alongside them was a dream come true. So, in a way, they were forced to show all their repertoire. That made Gjaki also want to show off a bit. Her mother smiled, and was recording everything. Her daughter hadn't been able to avoid it.

It was in the middle of that day when Goldmi had a strange feeling. She looked at her game interface to check if there was anything strange, and came across a new skill. It still had to reach level 1 affinity, but it was there

"I have resistance to curses! At level 0, but I have it," she informed, somewhat incredulous, but also excited.

"Ha, ha. It really works! I'm going to put them on everyone!" Gjaki exclaimed.

"You're joking, aren't you?" Brurol took a step back.

"Come here, come here, I won't hurt you," Gjaki approached him with an artificially evil smile, as if wanting to scare a child.

In fact, to the vampiress, Brurol was almost like a son she had adopted. Actually, there were many members of the mansion who saw him as a child, even though he had long since become an adult.

Evidently, he couldn't escape from the vampiress, so they all had to adjust to fighting with that handicap.

Several days passed with that routine, although not always the same inhabitants of the mansion came. Luckily for them, the ants never seemed to end. In fact, it was estimated that there were several tens of thousands.

A few years ago, an accident had occurred there, and it had devastated a large area. While many ants had also died, many others had survived underground, but not their competitors. They had then used the dead animals and plants to feed their young. Along with the lack of competition or predators, their population had multiplied, and they had expanded into the surrounding areas.

It was creating a problem in that part of the county, so Solodkro was more than pleased that Gjaki and company were cutting the numbers down a bit. Although the spread of the ants had been stopped, there were still too many of them.

Both Eldi and the feline had also obtained resistance to curses, and even improved their affinity significantly, up to 9, like the archer. It may seem fast, but it isn't usual to be able to enjoy that kind of constant training.

The mansion dwellers had also obtained it, although their affinity hadn't grown as fast. Largely, it was because they couldn't fight as often, or with as much intensity. They needed more rest.

At that time, Golmi, the feline, and Eldi were fighting in the front. The elf had decided a few days ago to practice melee from time to time, especially with her sister, Eldi or Gjaki. She wanted to check and train her coordination.

The elf might not be as effective as her companions, but she could stay unscathed with no problem. Also, her coordination with her sister was exceptional. It looked like a dance.

"I've leveled up," Eldi suddenly announced.

They all knew what it meant. The leveling there was over, though Gjaki had promised to take her family there from time to time.

Goldmi and Eldi were at 71, so staying there was a waste of time. About the rest, only Diknsa had raised a level. Without a doubt, the speed of the visitors was as incredible as Gjaki had told them.

Gjaki spent the rest of the day there, along with several of the mansion's inhabitants and Eldi. Goldmi was sent back, so she could spend the rest of the day with her family. The next day, they had something more dangerous planned.