Level Watersheds

Sonny thought carefully for a moment before he spoke, he had to make sure that he said the right things in front of his Prince.

"To be honest, he has been on our radar for a while. But we don't know much because the Eternal nutcases put a tight lid around info regarding the boy."

"Did he really kill a user at level 125 as a low level user?" asked Melissa.

Level 100 and level 125 were important watersheds for cultivation. Especially level 125. Level 100 came with an evolution. One's class would evolve to better fit the skills that had been acquired. One would then be able to cultivate faster and have much greater reserves of energy. So it was more of a qualitative evolution.

To reach level 125, one had to touch upon concepts and apply them to abilities. Concepts were pieces of universal laws that sentient beings could manipulate. But this required great sensory perception, consistent training and a lot of studies. One had to have a certain level of knowledge in cultivation theory before such a thing could be attempted.

Many physical resources were required to cleanse the body of its filth. In other words, at level 125, users would be integrating concepts into their bodies and minds while shedding pieces of their mortal shells. Hence this was a qualitative evolution and a great one.

Assuming an ordinary fireball from a level 124 fire mage caused x amount of destruction, then after level 125, the same spell with the same amount of energy input could result in 10x output of destructive power. That means the same spell from the same mage one level higher could raise the coefficient of the destruction by 10 times. This is why the phrase powerhouse usually refers to those above level 125.

On Lower Worlds, people at and above level 125 were at the peak of power. This was the norm, whereas, in Middle Worlds, level 125 powerhouses were still quite respected, but far more numerous.

Hence it was a shock that someone who was level 80 had been able to kill a true blue powerhouse.

"We are not 100% on the specifics, what we do know is that he indeed gave the killing blow. But it was an assassination that occurred while the target was asleep. The target was a mage who focused on using enchanted objects to battle. He had his defences down after sleeping with a woman. Not to mention that the Death Calling was being helped by the seniors of his Empire. We are not sure just how much the boy did by himself, but his talent really is there. What we didn't know-"

"Was that he was a Truthseeker." Isabel immediately cut off Sonny as she had guessed what he was going to say.

Isabel's grim tone had evident displeasure. Michael was the leader, but he doted on his sister greatly, hence no one treated her lightly. She was disgusted by Sonny and treated him poorly because she did not like his appearance. This was why he was as far away from her as possible.

This was important information, because Truthseekers were very valuable, more so even for young combat-type Truthseekers. Michael and his sister were Truthseekers themselves and so they knew what they could do. It was not pleasant to know that an enemy of theirs was nurturing a Truthseeker who would without a doubt reach level 125 if he did not have a premature death. For assassins, that was an occupational hazard.

Beads of sweat started dropping down Sonny's face as he hurriedly said, "I take full responsibility for the lack of intel. I will accept any punishment that your highness wishes to dispense on me."

Without wasting a second he stood up and knelt in her direction. But before he could fully kowtow, Michael's steady hands grabbed his shoulders and lifted him.

"Sonny, I am well aware of the amount of effort you put in. You have enough merits to not have to admonish yourself like this. Sit, we will discuss punishments after the tournament. For now, sit and observe."

Sonny smiled in gratitude and went back to his seat feeling relieved. The tension that had built up in the room was smoothly disseminated by Michael's timely intervention.

"And you."

Michael turned to his sister, who crossed her arms and looked away from her brother.

"I don't care what you think about Sonny's face, but he is good at his duties and my loyal retainer. You will need his services. One day I will get tired of your willful behaviour. Stop thinking like a child and start thinking like a true leader. One day, many lives will fall under your control. I hope at that time, you won't disappoint me."

"Sigh, alright brother, don't be angry. Look, Hercules is about to continue." said Isabel with a cheeky pout.

Michael shot her one more glare and sat down, focusing on below.

"Melissa! Sonny! You too have the sharpest eyes and minds, pay attention. He could be an enemy in the future."

"Yes, your highness!"

...

"Now for the other contender."

The crowd quieted down after Hercules paused. They were excited because Death Calling had quite a name and background. If the opponent was at least of that standard, then the battle would be something. Will's odd look drew many curious gazes from the stands.

"His username is Peerless Dao Master. He is a water-type mage and very powerful. He is the state Lord of a small independent territory in his world. His planet is not united and still under development, but do not underestimate him. There is more than meets the eye to him. When the battle starts you will see for yourselves.

The battle will begin. Fighters. Come to the centre of the arena and stand 100 metres from each other. As soon as I shout begin in 5 minutes, the battle will start. This shall be your final preparation period. So take this time to make sure you are at your peak."

Hercules hologram disappeared, and along with it, the crowd murmured.

"What kind of introduction was that?"

"Hahaha, he called himself Peerless Dao Master, ah my diaphragm hurts from laughing hahaha!"

"A small-time Lord dares to call himself a Peerless Practitioner of the Dao, sounds like nonsense a deluded fifteen-year-old would come up with."

There was mockery filling the stadium, but the sharper observers noticed a crucial detail, and Michael was one of them.

'Hercules' introduction of Peerless Dao Master, it was abnormally detailed...'ng