Cocoon of Light

The two planets collided, their fragments crashing into each other; forming a new world. One which had the size of Eridium and yet had the surface of Planet Earth. Adelda's eyes opened wide when she realized what Wodin was hinting at.

Adelda could not believe her eyes.

'He wants Will to evolve Earth? Is he mad?

Will can barely resist Eridium as it is. Genesis, Ezra, Duke and the other Sovereigns aside, the rest do not have the talent to match up with Eridium's standard.'

Wodin saw the doubt in her eyes and said, "Modus is a savant of teaching those who walk the Dao of Insanity.

Take a step back and think about the boy's obsession with grinding and the transformation he is going through right now. Last but not least, include the evolutions he will go through later and the upgrade he will receive from the rewards in Fafnir's grave. Assuming of course he lives that long.

After thinking of all that, ask yourself this; what is the definition of insanity?"

Adelda tilted her head in confusion as she said,"Insanity is performing the same act under the same circumstances while expecting a different result..."

Adelda stopped talking and acted as if she had been frozen on the spot by frigid qi.

'The variables are insanity, grinding, wars, harmonized evolution, higher senses and Fafnir's Grave...

Lord Modus and Odin, to think they would be this ambitious!

No wonder he made Will do such harsh contracts. If Will is able to achieve what I'm thinking of, it would actually be him benefiting from this.'

Adelda felt chills as she saw a cocoon of 3 colored light spread from Will's chest, encasing him like he was a caterpillar transforming into a butterfly.

The red, green and blue interviewed to form an oval sphere of radiant light that beat rhythmically like celebratory drums.

Once the cocoon formed, The screams of anguish died down. Within Will's strained voice, faint traces of relief could be felt. It only took a few moments for the sounds to die down and for the cocoon to stabilize itself.

'He should be activating the matrix now. Every second active he loses a month. Will, I hope you can make this work.' Adelda thought as she nervously looked at the cocoon.

The sound emanating from the cocoon changed from intense drumming to an odd muffled beat, at this moment the cocoon looked oval but was more like an exposed heart in nature as it pulsated with tripartite light.

Odin eyed the cocoon with an excitement akin to a child looking at a wrapped Christmas present.

'He must have removed the seal right about now. I need to see what a transformation processed by the Medici Matrix looks like. Now then, what do you have in store for me young man?'

...

Eventually the cocoon started to sublimate, like dry ice turning into a misty smoke. A fizzing noise akin to acid neutralizing a base came from the dissipating cocoon.

What came out of that cocoon stunned Adelda. Not because of any incredible changes, but rather the opposite.

'He looks the same?'

Adelda couldn't quite understand what was happening. She was confident that some sort of odd phenomenon would manifest from such a drastic change.

"Do you think I'm an amateur like you? When I go all the way, I produce art. Transformations that you cannot clearly discern or observe are more dangerous than showy changes."chortled Wodin.

Adelda wasn't sure what the All Father had seen, because he was incredibly elated.

"Wonderful, an absolute masterclass. The Medici Matrix lives up to its name!"

Adelda tilted her head in confusion and focused on the now meditating Will. Or to be more specific, his gloved hand.

On the back of Will's hand were faint lines that became more transparent with each second. They were so thin they barely deserved to be called visible but they represented a monumental spell that even a deity like Odin could not ignore.

'Odin probably cares more about the Medici Matrix than Will himself. Just how many seconds did he have it on. How many years of lifespan did he lose...' Adelda spent only a fraction of a second on the boy's hand because the rest of his body demanded more attention from her.

Will was still in tattered robes, but his damaged flesh had been repaired. He was now in a state of recovery. Harmonizing each of his vessels one by one.

"Some changes are best when initially subtle. Like a tornado made from the beat of a butterfly's wings, the momentum will build. His body needs to adjust to the sudden changes so give it a while. When the results manifest, you will understand how much of a masterclass my work is."

Adelda sighed mentally at Wodin's hubris and turned her attention back to the young man. As Will continued to meditate, his damaged yet focused mind started to reshape that chaos into something more coherent and less dangerous.

His soul, too, was a different story. It hung precariously in the balance, almost straying from its abstract form.

The Realms of Perspective had taken a toll on it, and Will knew that to recover fully, he needed to piece his soul back together. He began to feel his soul's shape and purpose, gradually bringing it back into order so that it could once again serve him as it should.

As the young man continued with his meditations to regain his strength, Adelda couldn't help but think back to his past, and the unusual circumstances that led him to become a student of Odin.

Will's path began through Modus, who had recognized the boy's potential and requested Odin to train him. As a result, Odin approached Will through Wodin. Which led to the addition of the Frozen Asgard Arts, which were unlike any other cultivation art Will had encountered before. The Frozen Asgard Arts went in a direction different from the path of the warrior he was used to.

'He is getting used to the technical path of the mage.' Adelda mused as she oversaw Will.

Being the student of a deity was a blessing attached to curses. The Frozen Asgard art was especially unique and challenging, requiring intense practice, study and discipline to master. The art was comparable in difficulty to the Solitary Sword Sovereign manual, this made it powerful, but equally challenging.

And yet to my surprise, he has adapted. The question is, how well will he fare?'

Through Wodin, Will had learned about the true history and significance of the art. The Frozen Asgard Arts originated long ago in the frozen lands of Jotunheim, where the Frost Giants had roamed free.

In ancient times, the Frost Giants had used their magic to create tools and master their domain. The magic they used was based on the concept of frigid energy.

Over time, the art was lost to the world, and only a few had mastered it.

However, the secrets had been preserved in scrolls that Odin had come across. Freya, Odin and Loki used the scrolls and a piece of Ymir's flesh to create the art and ensured that they could be passed down to mortal apprentices of their choosing.

Only those who met the high demands in terms of talent such as Will had a chance. And even then this was only possible for Will due to intellectual resources such as the Medici Matrix and Dual Mind Propagation.

Without these and Modus backing Will wouldn't have qualified learning the Original Arts, let alone receive tutelage from Odin himself...

This was the true history of the art, which few people knew in its entirety. An art that had been diluted and interpreted poorly by mortals.