Smiling With Her Eyes

Will went back to his room in high spirits. He was tired and his finger was excruciating, but the pain had been worth it. And just before he left the stadium, he also got a pleasant surprise.

'If I use that thing at the right moment.'

Will awoke from his mental machinations after seeing the look on Adelda and Odin's faces.

There was no denying their pleased state of mind. Odin was far more epresive and smiled approvingly at Will. While Adelda had a smile that was so faint it could barely be called a smile at all. But the show of her happiness was her eyes.

'She can smile with her eyes.'

Will was enthralled by her simple charms. She was by no means the most captivating to most, because her face was only above average at best. Her slightly childish round face had an odd maturity to it due to her ever serious expression.

'This stark contrast between cuteness and milfishness. Only she can pull this off.'

Will's eyes roamed unhindered across her curves. Adelda's incredibly wide hips and large buttocks coupled with her short height and dark brown skin were a deadly combination for Will.

'She is my Nubian Queen.'

Will did not even bother to hide his intentions as he freely indulged his senses and imagination.

'This is someone who cares what I think about him?'

Adelda could not tie Odin's impression of Will with what she saw. Will did not even bother to mask his adoration of her assets. A feature she sometimes found adorable.

'Unless Will wants me to realize how lustful he is? But what would that gain him?'

As Adelda tried to understand the oddities of a young man's mind, Wodin walked up to Will and clasped his shoulder, "Young man, you really impressed me out there. Creating a vanishing point outside your own body. That was a masterclass application of the Realms of Perspective."

"Well, the key was actually Hela's Dominion, the way it fused the dragon with me was just something else. It actually felt like an extension of me in another realm of existence."

Will's eyes glazed over as he remembered what it was like in Hela's Dominion. Raw negative energy coursed through passageways unhindered. Mystic Harmony allowed him to construct, control and manipulate spell matrices to a never before state.

"I could feel its heartbeat. I could understand its thoughts, I could even communicate with it without needing to say much." Will looked at his gloved palm and balled it into a fist.

Odin stroked his chin and said, "Be grateful that you were able to cast Hela's Dominion for the first time under Mystic Harmony. The dominion is still weak without her energy, but your array gives you endless possibilities. You might not be able to enter Mystic Harmony any time soon, but you should still have a strong impression of the feeling. Hold onto it and don't lose it!"

Will did his best to remember his state of mind in Mystic Harmony, "My mind felt completely free like I could picture anything in my head and not lose it. It was like I was in a pool of water with zero resistance. I'm not sure how I can explain this actually."

"No need to explain. Just remembering it is enough," replied Odin.

Before Will could reply, he felt a soothing stream of energy enter his body. It was healing energy he couldn't quite understand. The energy went straight to his finger and started to heal it.

"Don't move. I'm healing your finger and rejuvenating the lost physical and spiritual stamina. It won't bring back the energy you have lost, but it will at least give you a fighting chance."

Will was touched by Odin's gesture. The Realms of Perspective took a great toll on one's spirit, resulting in a weakened mind and soul after use. Without Mystic Harmony and the calculative power of the Medici Matrix, Will doubted he would have been able to use the dragon as a Vanishing Point.

The only regret Will had was not having access to his full abilities while under Mystic Harmony. Even at that very moment, Will could feel the Flowing Tide restriction applying pressure to his vessels. His mind was especially restricted, which made him feel especially uncomfortable.

'If I had access to Intent, I could use Odin's Armaments that could make up for my lack of energy. But that would only solve half of the issue. At best would only be able to fight for a few minutes...'

After a few minutes, Odin cancelled the process and let go of Will. Will wanted to continue the healing, alas, he had little time to rest. He wanted to use all the time he had to recover what little energy he could. Will looked forward to his next battle as he looked at the screen. He was annoyed at how little the amount of energy he had left. And there wasn't much time left before the final. Will was confident that the other semi final would be even shorter than his. Hence he walked to his bed, but before he could make it, a stunning event occurred on the screen that caught his attention.

...

A few minutes earlier

"To my right is a mortal who can cause even gods to turn their heads. A beauty so captivating she won the favour of two deities when young! A herald of Photos and a priestess of Aphrodite, she is a savant of light, nature and summoning magic.

It is said that her talent only falls short of Ulysses Rijkaard and that the latter only agreed to be Everlasting Willow's disciple just so he could follow her. Despite not being as terrifyingly talented as Ulysses, most view her as far more of a threat due to her ability to bend others to her will almost seamlessly. She is the Crown Princess Spectralia and prized disciple of Everlasting Willow, Mercedes Spectralia!"

"Ha!"

The crowd which had remained silent in the previous introduction went into an uproar once her name was mentioned.

"I love you, I want to bear your children!"

"Wait, you are also a woman, how is that-"

'Shut up, anything is possible in front of true love!"

"Why would she choose you over me? I'm far superior to you!"

Amidst the cheers, many a hot discussion occurred over the young enchantress. Her flawless face and seductive body were irresistible to many, and her set of skills only made things worse for her in that regard. Even if she wanted to, she could not weaken her charms.

She flicked her hair behind her ear and waved once to the crowd, causing it to erupt into another round of unrestrained cheers. Even her opponent seemed subdued by her as his mouth remained open, unable to close as if obstructed.