Outer, Inner and Core

"I'm here to make you an offer you can't refuse."

Indomitable Moon's words stunned the crowd.

'How amusing. This is unfolding nicely.' Hercules was caught by surprise, but he liked the direction things were headed in. After all, was this not meant to also be entertaining?

'Did this motherfucker just try to godfather me?'

Will was stunned by the sudden turn of events. While it would be wrong to believe that he didn't predict such an outcome, he had not expected his opponent to be so direct about it.

'Man the amount of jokes I could use now, the possibilities are endless! But I can't talk. Not now at least.'

As the speaker of these words was a Veritas, there was no need to doubt the veracity of his statement. He did indeed believe Will would not refuse his offer.

'I barely revealed anything about myself besides my mage skills. To say such a thing he must believe he knows what I want. What does he think I want exactly?'

Will could not help but have his curiosity piqued

The crowd kept quiet as they waited for the situation to unfold. They could already roughly predict where the youth was going.

"Ah, where are my manners."

Afterwards, noticing that Hercules approved of what he was watching, the red-eyed youth spoke with even more fervor.

"I am Gianluigi Primodius Remus, the Crown Prince of Lycus and second disciple of Everlasting Willow. Some call me the First Fang of Lycus, others know me by my username, Indomitable Moon. You have my permission to use either one. You have at least earned that right. "

Will did not respond, curious to see just what kind of offer this youth had in mind. This was the Conquest System, benefits were everything. The least Will could do was hear him out.

'Does he want me to forfeit? Nah it's not his style. He is arrogant and proud, but he also has a code. The Veritas don't allow for weakness or any actions that allow it to fester.'

While the Veritas were protective of their scions, they didn't not coddle them. Truth could only display its power once one has faced the threat of death many times. The Veritas abhorred any actions that made one weak such as shortcuts and the like. Unlike Frozen Asgard combatants, Veritas scions were subjected to cruel forms of training that bordered on torture.

The main reason their youth failed to reach adulthood wasn't because of casualties against foes or anything along those lines, but from internal competition and training.

They placed great emphasis on strengthening the mind and living a life that did not conflict with the requirements Truthseekers had to follow. Thus Will threw that theory out of the window. And he was correct, that was indeed Indomitable Moon's intention. But the offer Will received still surprised everyone present.

"I am not very interested in the expedition to Fafnir's Grave. I can give up on that and let you continue unobstructed to the semi LBx

vshwfinal. In return, I want you to join me as a vassal of mine. I will let you join as an Outer Guard Protector of the Veritas. What do you think?"

The crowd was stunned into silence by the young prince's words. As the Crown Prince of a powerful Middle World and a high ranking scion of the Veritas, Gianluigi Remus had countless resources at his disposal. Even though both he and Natasha had similar statuses in their respective organizations, Natasha was limited as the sect distributed resources mostly according to merit.

The Veritas were royal families that greedily hogged most of the resources, choosing to invest them into only a select few who have the lineage and have proven themselves worthy. But they still gave resources to their less talented youngsters.

The less talented group that made up most of the Veritas were called the Outer Guard. They were composed of families that had just joined the Veritas. These families had proven that their bloodlines had the potential to evolve and were under observation. If they produced scions who were talented enough and loyal to the organization their status would rise and they could get promoted to the Inner Guard. If they did not improve they would get thrown out and become a vassal force outside the Veritas.

The Inner Guard were mostly either old Veritas families with relatively weak bloodlines that could still evolve and newcomers to the Veritas from the Outer Guard.

The main purpose of the Guard groups was in the name. To protect the royal clans of the Core. The Core were a handful of families that controlled the Veritas and took in most of the resources to raise their progeny.

Every member of the Core had a small amount of Inner Guards And a large amount of Outer Guards assigned to them for life. If one was a Protector, then one had achieved the highest level a Guard could reach in Outer Guard.

If Will agreed, then Will would gain complete control over all the Outer Guard members assigned under him. The amount depended on the status of the person protecting him.

"I can promise you that you will be my little sister's second Outer Guard Protector. In my generation within my clan, her position is only second to mine."

The crowd buzzed in shock and surprise. Becoming an Outer Guard Protector of the sibling of the Crown Prince of Remus. This was an incredible status. One that could potentially put Will on par with Francis. Although no one was aware of Will's current identity, there were very few who would even put him close to having a background as terrifying as Frozen Asgard Sect or the Veritas.

He was an independent Lord. Even if he had a master with a high position, could that person compare with a Core Crown Prince of the Veritas? Barring any mishaps, Gianluigi was bound to be a middle world king and a leader of the Veritas Core. Being an Outer Guard to a close sibling of such a being had incredible benefits.

"If you agree to my terms, I will not only appoint you as an Outer Guard Protector. I will also award you with a Lower World of your choice from the ones I already possess."

Even Hercules was stunned by these words. Such an offer was far too good considering what an Outer Guard Protector should be awarded. Most Outer Guards for important Core scions would only receive such a reward after rendering multiple meritorious services and proving their loyalty.

This was the greatest reward an Outer Guard Member could receive as an individual. Only promotion to the Inner Guard could possibly compare. Because Inner Guard Families already had at least one Lower World each under their belt. Some even had a few dozen such worlds.

The Veritas were heavily decentralized in structure because their important members barely spent time on their own worlds and instead spent most of their time at the Veritas Headquarters or training across the cosmos. Very few leaders actually did their administrative work and instead allowed Regents to deal with such things.