Francis Van Der Merwe

Francis van der Merwe. Very few conquest users were confident enough to use their real names as their system usernames. Only powerful cultivators from great sects or empires did such a thing. It was usually a sign of high pedigree and talent, in Francis' case that was the case.

She was short, about 160 centimetres and had an explosive figure. She had revealed her face and taken off her veil, exciting the crowd. Men and women alike were taken aback by her beauty and temperament.

She had narrow slanted eyes that made one think she was smiling even though she did nothing of the sort. She had a small dainty nose and full red lips. Her flawless caramel skin caught the eye while her short dark hair and tight-fitting battle robes only further accentuated her charms.

Will did not know much about her because he had not seen much of her fight. She had finished her fight quickly, even faster than he did. And she did so in style.

'She used Ymir's Fist the moment the match started and wiped out her opponent instantly, not even giving him the chance to act. So taking the initiative is her thing. Since that's the case...'

Will relaxed his shoulders and loosened his fingers slightly. An action that Francis did not miss. Will had made sure that she was looking before he had taken this minute action. It wasn't an action that would matter to most, but it made a difference against an opponent who had observational powers.

'He relaxed his posture, is he underestimating me? Or perhaps he is trying to bait me?'

Francis narrowed her already sharp gaze as she pondered on the reason for Will's actions.

'Either way, he is looking down on me. If he wants me to attack then so be it.'

Hercules started to pump steel again as he spoke, "A fight between a male and female Frozen Asgard Mage, this is a treat. Especially considering the fact that the female is a Trusthseeking Valkyrie candidate while the male is a Truthseeking Technique Type Powerhouse. Does this not excite you?'

"Ha! Ha! Ha!"

Chants of joy and elation escaped from the crowd as they got excited.

"Then let's not waste any more time then. Fighters get ready at one hundred and fifty metres."

Will and Francis were both mages, so the distance between them was 150 metres. It was the ideal distance for medium-range mages. Water mages were typically versatile when it came to range so this was a good distance for both participants.

"Begin!"

With a shout, Hercules' figure disappeared with a flash, signalling a start to the battle. Will moved his arm to initiate a water blade. He had to hide his Water Meister class so he could not cast free-form skills. Will had to basically telegraph his attacks, but that had its own uses as well. Yet as he moved, an odd movement caught his attention.

The crowd saw Francis' small frame disappear. Within an instant, she had appeared in front of Will. A torrent of horrendously frigid energy gathered in her palm as she blasted it forth.

Will barely had any time to react before a powerful offensive spell was in his face.

"Niflheim Burst!"

With a low mumble, Francis cast her spell as the orb of frigid energy turned into a frightening blizzard blasting forward toward Will. The crowd was caught by surprise because this was quite a high-level spell that mages normally save for the end of a battle. Using it from the get-go like this was very rare.

'He is finished.'

Most of the observers were of a higher level than the duo and thus were able to see her movements clearly as if she was moving in slow motion. To them, Will was in trouble early, but contrary to expectation, Will was unharmed.

Francis was sure that her attack had hit her opponent, only to sense a presence on her back. This was coupled along by an exaggerated gasp from the crowd. Will's silhouette had already left the snow and ice-covered space ahead of Francis and he was now behind her.

Will's back was almost touching Francis'. The Niflheim Burst was still releasing a torrent of icy winds ahead, almost as if Francis had an inexhaustible amount of mana.

'I don't know how you got behind me so fast, but you should not show me your back, you imposter!'

Multiple ice spikes shot out from Francis' back and pierced Will's body. Francis' was pleased with her work when she felt the sensation of piercing her opponent, but she did not abandon caution, because she was facing a Truthseeker.

The crowd gasped as they thought Will had passed, only for his form to seemingly materialise out of thin air a hundred meters away from Francis.

The figure behind her back, the one that she had pierced revealed its true form as it turned into an ice statue.

"Frozen Agard: Loki's Substitution."

Francis did not need to look behind her to know how Will had survived her attack. But she could not help but be impressed.

"Oy oy oy, it's only been five seconds!"

"This can't be a showdown between low-level users who haven't gone through a single threshold evolution."

"Frozen Asgard Arts are frightening."

The crowd murmured ceaselessly as they talked about the battle below them. Will and Francis had come to a slight pause, almost as if they had come to some sort of consensus that decided that this was a moment to rest.

Will did not dislike this and was focused on counterattacking, 'She can use Bifrost Shift without casting, which means her spatial element mastery is extremely high. Not to mention that Niflheim Blast. This woman is tricky.'

Mages were not as agile in a battle. This was a statement that could not be further from the truth. Truly skilled mages had many methods of movement that warriors could not use. If one was a mage with the space attribute, then their movement would even outclass warriors with the same attribute. Because of one simple type of spell.

Teleportation.