Sarcophagus of Chains

Bang!

This was all Ulysses heard before he felt a sharp blast hit the back of his head. It was a stunning blast of concussive force that was more than capable of blowing away mountains. But this was no mountain, it was Ulysses Rijkaard.

The blast was loud and it reverberated, catching everyone's attention. But despite its incredible force and power. The amplified and concentrated Hydrolytic Fission failed to move Ulysses. In fact, the latter remained where he was unharmed.

The Shield of Photos however collapsed and broke apart. The dragon in the Skies roared and landed on the ground. It was visibly weakened but did not appear to be unhappy. On the contrary, it seemed quite satisfied with what had occurred. It calmly landed as it saw the shield disappear into motes of light.

A golden screen of light had appeared and the impact point of Hydrolytic Fission seemingly protected Ulysses. Ulysses did not move from his position while Will cast one more Bifrost Shift, appearing next to the dragon.

"Good boy. Great work, you have served me well. "Said Will as he stroked the dragon's large claw.

"Peerless just used Bifrost Shift, did I imagine that?"

"Who cares, it did nothing, Ulysses is still standing. It looks like the winner is obvious."

"Ulysses has won this."

"Even after all that, Ulysses is still alive-"

Before the observer could finish his sentence, he stopped himself flat. He could not help it as it was an attractive sight.

A complex spell matrix pulsating with ominous light manifested on Ulysses' chest. The matrix materialized chains of light that lashed out with incredible speed.

The chains of light began to flow out of his body, each one more deadly than the last. They pinned Ulysses ruthlessly to the ground, and he screamed in agony as he bled from multiple wounds.

Blood flowed out of the multiple flesh wounds that covered him. The chains not only came out of the matrix but also out of his flesh.

The second layer of the seal was one that sealed his flesh, the most talented of his vessels. These chains not only caused Ulysses great pain but also caused the energy in his pathways to flow in reverse. Resulting in more excruciating pain and damage.

Despite his pain, Ulysses refused to give up. A storm of light energy channelled out of him, desperately trying to resist the sealing chains, but it was no use. The overwhelming sealing power of the chains only grew stronger, restraining the energy until it was completely bound and held at bay.

It only took a few seconds, but the restraints completely surrounded Ulysses and trapped him in a sarcophagus of chains, completely immobilizing and making him powerless against their cruel might. Still, he struggled, refusing to give up hope as his eyes glinted defiantly.

As Ulysses lay there, taking in the lashing light of the chains that held him captive, he felt an odd gaze. Will still had the mask, with his bleeding finger only being covered by a thin layer of wax. This did not stop blood from leaking, forming a similar bloody wax-like material to the one he had in the previous battle with Gianluigi.

But this wax was only around the index finger. The rest of Will's body was still unharmed. But he was now mostly empty in terms of energy. Incapable of casting any more spells. Will cancelled the Colossus Criterion Thesaurus, resulting in the dragon disappearing in a flash of light. Hela's Dominion faded into nothingness while the phantoms that had manifested above Will's body had long since disappeared. Will was now empty, weak, vulnerable and injured, but he was without a doubt the victor of this match.

Only parts of Ulysses' arms and head were still visible as he stared daggers at Will's figure.

Moments later, Ulysses vomited a mouthful of blood. He tried to resist the injuries brought about by the application of the second layer of seals alas it was pointless. He was thoroughly restricted.

"The winner of the battle is Peerless Dao Master!"

Hercules' large frame appeared and announced the results to a stunned crowd. Ulysses Rijkaard, the undefeated Scion Of Light had lost. This result was hard to swallow for most. Especially Ulysses himself. He could not believe that he had been defeated so easily by someone much weaker than him.

Granted he had actually been downed by his own seals, nevertheless, this was still a loss.

'Why did my attacks miss? How did that dragon absorb my intent? How did Peerless get behind me without me noticing?'

It was only at that moment that Ulysses Rijkaard realized a crucial point.

'Wait I didn't just not notice Peerless appear behind me. I also didn't even notice disappear. Now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing him at all after I focused on the dragon.'

"Peerless! Why couldn't I notice you? Why could the dragon absorb my intent? Explain yourself!" demanded a feral Ulysses.

Will turned away from Ulysses and said, "I already made you an offer, but you refused me. So I have no obligation to answer you. Son of Rijkaard, I will fulfil my word."

Will started walking away as Ulysses tried to move. The latter writhed and screamed but he could do nothing. He felt anguish at not only having failed to injure Will but also having angered him. Ulysses still believes in her, because unlike him she wasn't heavily restricted. But he was still worried, there was something about Peerless that made him feel uncomfortable.

'It's that weird skill that pulls intent. She is a long-range attacker. If he can do the same thing to her... This isn't good? I need to warn her before the second layer takes effect.'

Ulysses opened his mouth to talk more but all that came out was more mouthfuls of blood. Ulysses coughed violently, till the point that he started to choke on his own blood. After a moment he gathered his breath and shouted, "Be careful my princess! Don't use Intent on hi-"

Ulysses failed to say anymore because a new chain had materialized, wrapping around his mouth and the rest of his head. Ulysses had been mummified by the chains and had no means of communication anymore.

...

Adelda was well and truly flabbergasted. Will performed well above her expectations.

'To think that Will had planned this far ahead. The Medici Matrix's ability to calculate and simulate is unmatched. That combined with Will's mental strength... What a horrifying combination.'

Adelda had seen many beings achieve Mystic Harmony and all these other tricks. She never expected anyone in this tournament to do something that she had never seen. Yet to her surprise, the one who broke her expectations was the mortal under her watch.

'The Realms of Perspective, I need to research this properly.'