Eternal Night Empire

A seemingly unnatural silence encased the arena. The cause of the silence was the quick entry of a man dressed in tight fitting assassin's gear. His face was hidden by a mask, but his eyes were sharp and full of conviction. Just the killing intent oozing out of him had shown that he had been bathed in oceans of blood.

The spectators in the stands were very happy with what they saw and wanted to see what would become of this assassin. He was only level 99, which was nothing compared to the people in the crowd, but he clearly had a solid foundation.

The observers talked among themselves sharing information.

"Hey do you know who that is"

"Sorry bro I got no clue, but he does look mysterious."

"Look at his gear, those are the swift-cloud boots enchanted by Master Famir. Could he be from the Eternal Night Empire?"

"That would explain his gear, but what if it was just a drop from a dungeon?"

"Master Famir's works are not in any dungeon. So it has to have been handed to him."

Slowly, the crowd got excited to see the battle. Word had quickly spread around the crowd that they were now observing a battle with a Truthseeker from the Eternal Night Empire. This was a strong Middle World that focused on dark magics and assassination skills. They had quite the fearsome reputation in the world of cultivators as being cruel and emotionless. 

If they take over a world, they either make you into a slave or you die. There is no other option. Hence their warriors who are capable of boosting their battle abilities gained killing intent over a long period of consistent slaughter. 

The assassin was not able to use Intent properly like Will, but he could at least emit it to suppress his opponent or his opponent's senses.

"An assassin from Eternal Night? Haha this fight will hold no suspense." said Sonny with a confident grin. Melissa adjusted her glasses and asked, "What makes you so sure?"

"It's the freakin Eternal Night Empire, even our Kingdom gets in trouble if we mess with those nutcases. They aren't very powerful in terms of martial might, but they are someone few people want to antagonise because of their legion of assassins. Even if you destroy their whole planet, many devout nutcases from their planet will assassinate our people."

There were many powerful cultivation legacies named after their founders. The Solitary Sword Sovereign Manual was an example of such. 

The SSS manual was a swordsman's legacy of the highest tier but it was too difficult to cultivate and ignored by most. But other legacies didn't have such a high threshold to practise and were kept as secret arts by entire worlds.

The Eternal Night Empire royal family practised the Eternal Night Code. A legacy passed down from ancient times. It was from a stupendous existence called the Eternal Night Sect. 

The Eternal Night Sect had many subordinate worlds under it which were Middle Worlds such as the Eternal Night Empire. The sect controlled a powerful Upper World that was at war with the Mystos Alliance. And it so happened that Michael Bellingham's world was part of the Mystos Alliance. 

The Eternal Night Code was a darkness type assassin legacy. The Eternal Night Sect had spread it across their subordinate worlds and thus most of their elite armed forces were made up of assassins that specialised in reconnaissance, assassinations, espionage, scouting and other shady practices. The Sect had other legacies for other vocations that they distributed, resulting in them having armies consisting of a variety of darkness type vocations. They were not an enemy one made light of.

They were not the only world that practised the Eternal Night Code. 

The crowd began to make noise again once they had talked enough. 

The stomping and cheers erupted as the assassin quickly became the favourite. Will's presence only seemed to make them more excited.

"Quiet. The assassin's foe is here."

This was the first time Isabel had spoken since they entered the room, and as expected people listened. They looked at the screen and saw Will enter the area. 

"What kind of trick is this, he is trying to disguise his identity? What a weirdo." said Sonny as he saw Will's odd appearance.

Not a single bit of skin could be seen. It was like someone had covered Will with a form fitting uniform similar to what fencers use, except even his face was fully covered with white as well. One could only make out Will's frame and gender but nothing more could be observed, at least not by ordinary people.

Will did not rush as well. He slowly took his time, arriving at the designated spot just a few metres away from his opponent. 

The assassin squinted his already narrow eyes in confusion. For an assassin, there was nothing as annoying as an enemy one doesn't understand.

"Ladies and gentlemen. The first duel is about to begin. On one side we have the User Death Calling, from the Eternal Night Empire!'

Hercules figure appeared in the skies above the duo addressing the crowd in holographic form. And of course, he was pumping weights. He slowly waited for the information to sink in, because he wanted the crowd to be excited and hungry for the battle.

As soon as the crowd heard the username of the assassin, they went into an uproar.

"Isn't he the one who killed a level 125 user by himself just after he had past level 80?"

"Yeah that's the one. Apparently, the Eternal Night Emperor is even giving him quite a few pointers and nurturing him into being a future pillar of their kingdom."

"So that's why he has such dope gear."

"I heard rumours that said he could even marry into the royal family if he is accepted into Silverton Academy before he turns 25."

"Wait, how old is he?"

"I think he is 23 years old."

"That's insane, I was barely even level 50 at that age. He is from a tiny Middle World with less resources than me but look at what he has achieved."

"Yeah, but you know how high the bar for Silverton is. Not just anyone can get in."

"This is serious."

Michael had a pensive expression as he gazed Death Calling down below.

Michael looked at Sonny and said, "Intel and scouting is your specialty, what do you know about this Death Calling?"

...

Author's Note: It's 12 May 2023 as a wrote this. We have opened out Instagram page with character designs of all out characters being posted so check out @theonionjunktionx. If you want to see what Will, Adelda and Modus look  like check it out