Will's Entrance: Chilling Intent

As the Mercedes stood in the arena arrogantly posturing, Hercules smiled and said, "I have received a reply from Peerless. He accepts your terms!"

The crowd went livid at the sudden turn of events. They never expected Hercules to take it so casually and for Peerless to agree so easily! After having witnessed the defeat of Ulysses Rijkaard, it was an understatement to say that this was the most eventful tournament they had seen at such a low level.

Within a few seconds, an entrance opened up on the side of the stadium. But from that small ordinary entrance came a blast of killing intent so dense it caused the fairies floating around Mercedes to faint and wither into nothingness.

Mercedes frowned. The fairies were a manifestation of her intent and were a sign of her blessing. She felt pride in them and liked how they accentuated her beauty. Now she went from feeling irresistible and powerful to feeling as if she was being eyed by a ferocious god beast lusting after her flesh from the abyss.

'What ridiculously pure killing intent. Peerless, to think this was what he could do with metal energy at his disposal. He does have some capital to be arrogant.'

Mercedes grew wary of her opponent and she used all the mental strength she could to resist Will's oppressive intent.

"Lord Hercules, the match hasn't even started, but he is directing this much focused killing intent on me. Isn't this a violation?"

Hercules smiled as he watched on from above, "He's not even targeting anyone. This isn't a directed attack. This is just his natural intent when released. Just as how yours manifests those fairies, his has its own effects. Since it's not a directed attack but just a passive release of energy I will allow it. If you can do the same passively, go ahead and do it, I won't stop you. "

Mercedes and the rest of the crowd could not help but gasp at this sudden revelation.

"This is a passive release of intent?"

"Hercules himself confirmed this so it has to be true."

"Peerless, this name is actually starting to sound right. What kind of mind does he have?"

"If his intent is this powerful, why hadn't he used it earlier?"

"Maybe that was his restriction?"

"If he had access to his intent earlier... "

"Every decent fighter had limitations on their Intent and Higher Senses. So it's not that impressive."

As the crowd argued about different details, the hooded figure who had garnered attention earlier finally spoke publicly after a while.

"He was able to force Ulysses into breaking the first layer of his seal without intent. The others were restricted but they could still use it passively or to lock on. Gianluigi even used an Omnidirectional True Strike. Beating someone like that without using intent, don't you think that's worthy of praise?"

These words caught the attention of many listening as there was some merit. It was only now that many realized a crucial fact. Peerless had the final in a tournament of Truthseekers without using Intent!

As the discussions continued, Will walked out of the entrance. His appearance was still the same. A white and blue robe covered his body whole body with the Frozen Asgard Mask acting as his second skin. Despite there not being a physical change, the observers felt as if they were looking at an entirely different person.

His entire being released a baleful aura that caused the air around him to drastically chill. An ice sheet with misty vapour spread from the ground he walked in.

This was different from the previous frost he had made. The frost he made earlier was made from frigid qi. But this materialized from pure killing intent. Like the chill in Hela's Dominion, it was a chill that invaded the soul and pervaded the mind.

"Ah!"

Mercedes winced a bit in pain. She had tried to probe Will with her intent, but she had received painful feedback instead.

'He can freeze intent? Just how strong is his desire to kill?'

Mercedes had never felt such a strong killing intent from an individual close to her in level. To her, this was not good news. Because beings with such a strong desire to kill often had minds like steel.

'It's like he is an asura born for battle. How many lives has he taken to reach this point?

It never could have occurred to her that Will was an inherent user of Bloodlust, the king of killing intents. The Dao of Death was intrinsic in his soul. To her, only a monster that had slaughtered billions could achieve such a mind.

"You Frozen Asgard freaks kill countless just to strengthen yourselves. To think your hands would have so much blood on them. On behalf of the innocents you have slain, I will execute you today!"

Before the crowd could react to her words, Will spoke, "You claim that your light is the embodiment of nature, but what is nature without darkness?"

Will's words were filled with certainty and conviction. He raised his hand and manifested Hela's Dominion once again. Except this time it wasn't a dome, but a small area of darkness. Will contracted his fist and squeezed, causing the dominion to shrink rapidly, encasing him in a membrane of darkness that blocked anything from going in and going out. It was as if he had covered his entire body with a black cloth.

"They say your intent is so potent it can charm a man light-years away, so try charming me."

Will's dominion was encased by a thick layer of killing intent, that infused itself into the dominion. An array manifested on the surface of the dominion layer. The same array that was on his glove when he performed Hydrolytic Fission.

With a flash, the array embedded itself into the membrane and modified it. The dominion was reinforced and compressed to the limit, while the energies within were accelerated rapidly, completing their circulations instantly.

"You claim the All-Father is a geezer, let's test that theory."

Will's dark silhouette covered in arrays manifested a staff in his hand. It was a staff oddly shaped like a spear. It was long, simple and had little decorations. But it was also covered in an all-black membrane emanating from Will.

"Gungnir! He summoned Gungnir!" shouted the hooded observer

"Wait, does that mean he has the All Father's favour?"

"Relax, that's not the real thing, only a replica summoned through the Frozen Asgard Arts. But it still needs Odin's approval like Mjolnir's Lockdown. Because it brings divine power with it."

"Peerless is now using a wand. He was already this powerful without one, now he has a catalyst to focus all that intent. His control over energy must be at a sublime state right now."

The peak of the Frozen Asgard Arts was four types of spells. Domain-type spells like Hela's Dominion. Defence-type skills based on Frozen Asgard Mask such as Valkyrie's Guard, Summoning spells such as Mjolnir's Lockdown and elemental spells such as Nifelheim Burst. Unlike most arts that summon creatures, the Frozen Asgard Arts often summoned items and weapons. Sometimes, it even summoned limbs in cases such as Ymir's Fist.

Many mythical items existed in Norse folklore that countless cultivators drooled over. But a few, in particular, stood out. Gungnir was a weapon said to even be superior to Mjolnir in terms of destructive might, a spear that never missed its target, and never stopped until said target was destroyed.

Unlike Mjolnir, it could also be used as a wand as it was a tool that belonged to a Mage King and thus had a wand form. It had a plethora of particularly useful functions, but only one appealed to Will at this instant.