A Provocative Question

"This tournament has some real cultivators."

On his bed, Will could not help but feel excited. He had just witnessed the other battles for the first round. Now there was a brief intercession but the games would continue shortly.

Odin and Adelda had been oddly quiet. Will also did not ask anything and simply observed.

'Those 5 are an issue. Especially that lance-wielding knight.'

Will had not really fought someone close to his level. All of the humans he had fought were either much weaker than he was or much stronger like Hanzo or Ignius. But now he had a chance to truly fight with 'peers', and put his username to the test.

He had seen the other competitors fight, and was impressed, in particular by five particular combatants. These five made Will feel an active threat. But one in particular made Will feel uncomfortable.

'I need to plan accordingly. If the Knight wins continuously I will meet him in the semis. As long as I can beat the next two guys without gaining much of a physical injury.'

Due to possessing Radiant Energy, Will had not seen the need to get any healing items, not to mention that they were extremely expensive for low level users like him.

'Mental Strength and Soul Force can be recovered because I still have the mind and soul pills in the room. The next match has my weakest looking opponent. To have a chance at winning this competition, I have to beat her using low and mid tier spells only, I can't use any over the top spells that drain me of Mana. So I can spend less time on energy recovery and more time on reflecting on the previous battles. I can only win by evolving. As It stands, right now, without high tier abilities and warrior skills, I can't beat that guy...'

As Odin saw Will go deep in thought, his mind raced with anticipation.

'Till now you have been fighting targets that were not on your level, but that isn't good for growth, fighting an opponent who allows you to reach your limits and extend yourself and defeating them. Only then can you be called peerless. Show me what you can do, disciple of the Mad One.'

When the timer was left with a minute on the screen, Will covered his face with his palm as he activated the Frozen Asgard Mask. He stood up and loosened his shoulders, flexing his muscles and stretching his joints.

'You are a cultivator with a supreme physique, those movements are useless. Mortals have funny habits. Well, there are some oddball immortals who do the same...'

Adelda smiled as she saw Will's antics. It was moments like this when she appreciated the peace her job afforded her. She had developed a steady curiosity for Will and wondered if he could actually achieve what Modus had asked of him.

'Many have died under Modus, I wonder what makes him confident that things will be different with Will.'

Adelda wondered just why Odin had agreed to become Will's caretaker. Her circumstances were a bit forced, but Odin was known for being a cautious and wily old fox.

'There is merit to sticking around. Let's see what he can do.'

...

"It's about to start."

'It's finally round two. I have been waiting a long time for this."

"It's only been a few minutes since the previous fight."

"A very long few minutes, look at the next fight man, doesn't it give you chills?'

'Chills, that's a good one.'

"I know right? Considering the next fight I think it's a superb choice of words.'

The curious were in a cheerful mood as they had witnessed a superb round of fights. Many talents had showcased their skills and impressed the crowd, alas only half could progress.

Once the round of sixteen had begun, anticipation built for Will's fight. People in the booths were no exception to this as well.

...

"This is insane. It's only the round of sixteen, but we are already seeing a clash between two potential finalists. And both of them are top tier Ice Mages." Melissa swallowed her saliva in anticipation while Hope had a light of fanaticism in her eye.

"For a water mage like me, the next battle is a dream come true." said Hope with glee. Isabel shook her head and smiled wryly while Michael put a finger on his lips.

"Hope, you know water magic better than anyone else here. So I will depend on you to break down the next match for us. Less talking and more focus. I want to spend more time analysing these guys while they fight, because they will become our enemies, don't forget that.

Hope nodded obediently but she was no different from a child in a candy store, barely able to contain herself.

'Come on! Start already.'

She eagerly observed the timer on the corner of the screen, as only 35 seconds were left till the battle started.

...

Hercules' robust figure appeared again in front of the crowd.

"The round of sixteen is about to begin! We have had excellent battles so far, with many entertaining fighters, but remember, this is not for entertainment. This is a trial for the fighters. It's not about the flashiest or most impressive moves. My team and I are observing multiple facets of the battle. From decision making, to observation skills to energy control. We will take all these into account.

As most of you know, we are organising an expedition team to Fafnir's Grave. One's performance here could not only affect how much authority they receive during the mission, but it could also help one catch the eye of an important guest in the crowd.

This tournament has witnessed incredible powers. From the cool calm and efficient Rijkaard Honour Role, to the overbearing, cold and versatile Frozen Asgard, to the unpredictable cruel methods of the Eternal Night Code. I'm sure many people here representing different organisations will do some recruitment after this.

So recruiters, whether you are looking for a disciple to join your school or you are looking for someone to enter your guild, do not look away. Talent is aplenty here. I'm not one for speaking so much, so don't take my word for it. Use your own eye and assess the talents. Do not blink , you might miss out on a single spectacular display that showcases talent.

But I digress, because at the end of the day, victory is king!

Luck in itself is a kind of power. So no matter how you win, so long as you are at the top, power will be yours. This is how the Conquest System works! Now without further ado, let's begin the next battle."

Hercules smiled cheekily, something he rarely did, but no one was stunned or shocked, because it was expected that he would react in some way.

The upcoming battle had a unique identity to it that could attract any high level users to observe.

"I know there are many high level users here. Users from powerful Middle Worlds and Higher Worlds. But let me ask you this."

He paused and put down his weights. His cheeky grin widened as if he was challenging the crowd to react in some way to his naked provocation.

"How many of you have seen a fight between two Frozen Asgard powerhouses?"