Hestia's Lecture: Intent As A Guide

For the first time in his life, Gianluigi Remus regretted using the Unrelenting Hunt.

Somehow, through a cruel twist of fate, he had been given an opponent that happened to possess some sort of ability that was the Unrelenting Hunt's bane.

The Unrelenting Hunt wasn't a perfect skill, there were a few rare abilities that could perfectly counter it. The problem was that Gianluigi wasn't aware of most of them. He had been taught that no one under level 100 could use any of these skills. They were all skills that needed one to have gone through the level 100 watershed.

Level 100 was a quantitative evolution while level 125 was a qualitative evolution. Level 100 upgraded one's Doors, while level 125 affected the Gates. This was a huge reason why those above level 125 were so frightening. Having gone through two evolutions, they could bring out more of their abilities.

Such as skills that could completely nullify the Unrelenting Hunt.

'But he is level 99 like me. How could an Independent Lord learn such?'

The prince started getting thrown around the stadium with his momentum and dizziness rising. The more momentum one had, the more difficult it was to use spells or skills unrelated to the Unrelenting Hunt.

All he could use since the start of the match were his lowest tier Truthseeking abilities like Truthseeking Eyes, Truth Reinforcement and the Truestrike. He was not allowed to reveal the more powerful Truth or bloodline-related abilities because there were too many eyes.

This was an event that was being recorded and shown to the public, but more importantly, the arena itself was a high-ranking item that could project an environment's entirety to anyone at almost any distance. It could project aura, and higher senses like Intent, energies and more.

This was dangerous for those with secret skills who wanted to hide because enemies could simply use the knowledge to come up with a countermeasure. Which was similar to what was happening right now.

'If the Veritas had known that there was someone who could become a Vanishing Point, then they would have immediately banned the use of the Unrelenting Hunt in this tournament.' mused Hercules from his control room.

'If Gianluigi had attacked with his class-related skills at the start, he could have easily defeated Peerless. Instead, he not only used a technique Peerless was designed by nature to counter, but he also gave Peerless time to absorb his Intent. Fate is a cruel mistress. Peerless was also quite fortunate to have met an oppobent he could counter. But good fortune is also a strength.'

Hercules was honestly stunned by what he was seeing. What Will was using was a talent, something that one could only be born with. And it was a talent that all immortals respected.

'The Realms of Perspective are new ground still being researched in the Immortal Realm. Few people even know about Perspective, let alone how to use it.'

Odysseus was pleased and bothered by what he watched. He could not believe that a mortal was using the Realms of Perspective in front of his eyes.

'This kid just went from being a dark horse to being an abyssal stallion.'

Odysseus made brief eye contact with Wodin. This was common between the duo so it was ignored but Hercules was wary of the subtle action. Will's actions added context to this exchange.

' Wodin and Odysseus aren't even trying to hide anything from me. It seems there is more to this lad than I thought.'

Only Odysseus, Hercules and Wodin knew what Will was doing.

Narcissus was only able to tell that Will was doing something strange with the enemies' Intent. But that's as far as it went.

'Manipulating the enemies Intent. How is he doing this?'

"Brother, please tell me, what's happening?" asked Narcicuss. He was very curious about what Will was doing because he couldn't understand the mechanics. When it came to Intent Sensitivity, Narcissus was the most talented among the Greek Pantheon except for Hestia, Aphrodite and Hades. But he did not train much nor did he study. Even if he did research Intent, he would lose interest and go back to admiring his own image.

Hercules was annoyed because he envied Narcissus' talent in Intent. Intent was the purest force produced by living beings. Soul force was a dilution of Intent while Lifeforce was a dilution of Soul Force. So one's talent in Intent was a great indicator of one's future potential.

"Narcissus, it's only been 100 cosmic centuries since your last lesson with Hestia but you have already forgotten about Vanishing Points? You have countless avatars and a True Body, yet they all have forgotten? You can't be serious."

Hercules lectured his brother while the others smiled wryly. Narcissus was so obsessed with himself, his own avatars didn't even bother communicating with their original or fellow avatars.

They were more than content observing themselves. Sharing information between avatars was a hassle that Narcissus didn't like, and he had a very selective memory. Deities were powerful but they were slaves to their nature.

"Vanishing Points?" Narcissus exclaimed in shock.

Will had made him lose interest in his mirror earlier because of his battle against Jingsung Ha, but Jingsung Ha being the opponent was an important factor in garnering his interest. Now it was different. He couldn't give a damn about a Prince of Lycus. But a mortal that could nullify The Unrelenting Hunt below level 100. That caught his attention.

This plus Hercules' clue caused the cogs of his mind to remember Hestia's lecture.

'Intent is a guide. It can allow you to find your enemy, control them, and even understand the environment around you. If you can master your control over Intent, no enemy can hide from you and no foe can run away from you. Of course, Intent has other uses, but its ability to lock onto one's enemy is key in a battle between high-ranking beings, especially above level 100.

The higher one's level, the more reliant they are on Intent. This I'm sure you should already grasp. Mortals are unlike you brother, they are not born with divine power. Hence they can only use Intent to lock onto a foe or attack indirectly. But for all those who are heavily reliant on Intent, there is a great fear. One that only came to light recently. That is, the Realms of Perspective."