Michael's Hunch

As the sphere vibrated, the runes that had encased it shimmered. The runes were like a sea of snakes that had strangled the sphere.

Will's figure continued to crush the space in between his open palms as he channeled his spell.

'This is not going to be easy. I knew divine energy was volatile and hard to control but this is insane.'

Will was struggling in a way few in the crowd could see. He was not worried about his foe, but rather the spell. Will's current attack was a combination of delicate control and intense parallel processing. He could not afford distractions otherwise the entire array would collapse. Without a guide, all the concentrated energies would mix randomly. Divine energy of the force attribute was particularly frightening due to its overbearing nature and overtly destructive capabilities.

As Will struggled to control his ambitious attempt at using an array to perform a divine spell, Gianluigi also panicked as he was stupefied by the events.

At first, he had felt a tsunami of force approach him from above. It felt like an omnipotent push that could crush a mountain and only became worse as time went on. It was a frightening feeling.

'This is the force attribute! And it's using divinity as a source. This bastard is using an array to boost a spiritual divine spell! And he set this up mid-battle!'

It wasn't just the Crown Prince who was astounded. Many of the observers were the same. Michael's arrogant sister could not help but rise. Her expression had a rare show of wonder. This was not the first time she was seeing a mage display such skills. One could even say she saw such skill quite often. But this was from powerhouses above level 125.

A doctor performing surgery is common, but a child doing the same was unheard of. This was along the same vein. Although Isabel had seen many such 'surgeries', an instance like this was a first for her.

'I knew it was possible but this. Not to mention what is this odd feeling I have? It's as if I can't take my attention from Peerless. There should be nothing about him that could cause this. Not even this impressive display should warrant such attention from me.'

Isabel gave her brother a sideways glance, expecting him to feel the same way. She was more talented than him in the mystic arts and matters of the soul but Michael had a stronger mind and greater sensitivity to Intent. His body was also extremely well-trained. His wealth of battle experience and unique mix of talent and adaptability allowed him to stay ahead of his prodigious sister.

Michael had long since stood. He could not take his eyes off the screen. Be it the Omnidirectional True Strike or Mjolnir's Lockdown, neither was anything he wanted to miss. Sonny and the others exchanged looks. The message was clear.

'No one talk.'

Michael had come across a potential rival and was now absorbed in the battle. Not only could they not disturb him, but they also had to pay attention as he would no doubt grill them. Especially Melissa as divine magic and summoning were within her realm of expertise. She understood mage arts as well as Hope and had an intellect that could match Sonny's. Thus she would be the focal of the next discussion.

Sonny would pay attention naturally as intelligence was his field, hence Michael would not worry much there.

'Hercules said Solitary is from a developing world.'

Developing world was a term used to describe weak Middle Worlds and below. Michael, like the vast majority of the crowd, believed Will to be from a young promising Middle World that had only just been promoted.