Hela's Dominion

'Peerless must be tired of breathing.'

Ulysses knew that he was being goaded. But he didn't care.

'I'm not some lowlife mutt. Nothing you can do will block this. I will blast this arena and you to oblivion!' Ulysses had already sentenced Will to death in his mind. Yet to his surprise, the man had decided to make things worse for himself.

"If you give up now I promise to be gentle to her, but if you persist..." said Will with an arrogant tone.

"What do you think you are doing?" snarled Ulysses as he gathered his energy for an attack.

World Energy responded in kind by gathering in the skies above the duo. Light is incredibly fast and impossible to dodge. This made it a nightmare for those without much of a natural defence against it. No one knew what skill Ulysses was about to use, but they knew it was bringing heat and it was coming from above.

The steam that had formed started to refract the light after being heated, making the surroundings even hazier. The only things remaining from Will's earlier display were the phantoms.

But nothing about them had changed. They still remained within the palace, harmonising with each other.

This all took moments to describe, but it all happened within a few seconds.

"What am I doing? Isn't it obvious?"

Will responded just as Hercules was finishing his countdown.

"9, 8..."

Will's phantoms released a shockwave of concentrated negative energy that completely shifted the room's disposition.

"I'm making you an offer you can't refuse."

Ulysses responded to Will's words by raising his right hand, "I refuse! Now I want you to do something for me."

"2, 1, 0...Begin!"

"Disappear." Ulysses snapped his fingers, and what followed was almost exactly what the crowd had expected.

A rain of death descended from the skies above the duo. These were not raindrops, but solidified rays of concentrated light that raided the ground. They were like beautiful long lances of light with enough heat to distort the air around them.

Had Olympus not adjusted the arena with Ulysses strength in mind, the ground would have already melted in seconds.

Yet within this rain of lances of light, a small region remained unaffected.

"Like I said, Ulysses is in for a rude awakening."

A few members in the crowd turned their attention to the hooded figure.

"The danger of Mystic Harmony isn't in what changes it makes to the vessels. The danger is that during that brief moment, it allows you to attempt to use skills and spells normally out of your reach.

Each of those colours represents a vessel. Red for the mind, green for the soul and blue for the body. The size of the phantom represents the talent, that boy's mind is ridiculously talented. Judging from what I can see, he has a SS rated mind minimum.

Under extreme cases where one has a talented vessel, harmony will result in different things. In someone with a powerful mind, it will affect their ability to understand, apply and possibly even fuse spells." As the hooded figure spoke, one of his fingers pointed at the spot Will was supposed to be standing.

As the rain of light pelted the ground, an odd region of cold started to appear. It was visible in the rain of golden light due to the odd phenomenon that had manifested. The light was being absorbed into a black crystal like material. The material was in the shape of a dome that expanded every second.

"For example, if one was to use the most powerful domain type spell from the Niflheim category against a savant of the light element... well the results will show themselves."

The Frozen Asgard Arts could be split into 3 categories, each named after a realm from Norse mythology. There were 9 realms in Norse Mythology, but only 3 were properly represented in The Frozen Asgard Arts. They were Niflheim, Asgard and Jotunheim.

Niflheim was the land of darkness and cold. It was a desolate land in which the living could not reside. Not only was it one of the oldest realms along with Muspelheim; the land of flames and scorching heat, but Niflheim was also a land of the dead. Only beings of pure negative energy could exist there.

Jotunheim was the land of forests and frost, home to the Giants and Frost Giants. It had abundant life and plenty of lifeforms that subsisted on the cold.

Asgard was the home of the gods, ruled by the Aesir and situated high above the other realms. These three were the main inspirations behind the massive reservoir of spells within the Frozen Asgard Arts.

The dome continued to expand rapidly within the stadium eventually encompassing even Ulysses within. Ulysses was weary but he was not afraid. Because he was Ulysses Rijkaard. What did he have to fear about darkness?After all, darkness could only exist within the absence of light.

As soon as Ulysses entered the world within the dome, he was stunned. He had expected darkness, but what he had not expected was the cold. This was not an ordinary chill that simply froze the body, it was a chill that pervaded the flesh and affected his soul and mind.

'My mind and soul are also freezing?'

Ulysses was also stunned to learn that he had lost his connection with the spell he had initiated in the skies. He had no clue what was happening inside the dome and outside. Not only was he freezing, he was becoming numb and started to lose his senses.

...

"Oy, the rain of light has stopped!"

The crowd looked on, fascinated as Ulysses' rain of light had stopped the moment he had been enveloped by the dome of darkness. The dome now encompassed the majority of the area encapsulating the duo within. Many in the crowd started to rely on the System to assist with observing what was inside the dome because normal means had made it impossible.

It only took a moment for all the observers to make necessary adjustments, because there was no skill a level 99 user could apply that could shut out the observational ability of the system.

Those who were near the hooded figure looked at him in astonishment. Something had indeed happened but they were not aware.

"Who knows what the strongest spell in the Niflheim category is?"

"I'm sorry, I have no clue. The Frozen Asgard Maidens rarely use the Niflheim series. Humans can rarely handle that much dark energy."

"Francis van der Merwe used Niflheim Collapse and Niflheim Burst, even though she is less talented than Natasha, her affinity for the rarely used Niflheim category makes her important to the sect. But she is still far from applying the strongest Niflheim Spell. "

It was at this point that all eyes focused on the hooded figure, no one knew what the strongest spell in the Niflheim category of spells was. It was simply too rare. Thankfully the hooded figure did not keep them in suspense for long.

"Hela's Dominion"