Bloody Matrimony

"The energy! It's so volatile!'

Will cursed in his mind as he struggled to take control of the volatile energies within his body. He doubted if he could last more than a few seconds at best. But in a crucial battle, this was enough.

Will circulated the mana in his energy channels to the greatest magnitude he could as he went for one final push. The runes covering the sphere produced a blinding light that made it seem as if a small sun had been born in the middle of the arena. But the moment this sun formed, it began to shrink.

Resisting high intensity light was child's play for most of the observers, who each had their own unique methods that allowed them to see what was happening without having their vision impaired by the light. But that slight moment of adjustment was just enough to change the atmosphere of the proceedings.

The sphere of Truth started to rapidly shrink as the light got brighter and brighter. Its intensity seemed to work in concert with Gianluigi Suffering.

"Argh!"

Indomitable Moon howled in pain, but alas it was pointless. He had already released all the energy he had.

Mjolnir's Lockdown was a spell designed to seal space itself. Through the force attribute, it forcibly stabilized space until large bodies could barely move. Will was not proficient enough in the mystic arts to be able to cast the spell by himself. Hence the need for an array.

As the sphere of Truth became smaller, Indomitable Moon's screams became more intense. The seal not only sealed space, but also bombarded the target with a force from multiple directions. It was as if there were thousands of invisible arms trying to crumple the prince's body like a piece of paper. Within a few moments he had spat out multiple mouthfuls of blood, while his internal wounds kept piling up.

Under normal circumstances, Mjolnir's Lockdown had frightening secondary effects such as freezing, electrocuting and the like, but Gianluigi was protected from these by the sphere of Truth. Yet it could do nothing to block the divine force. Truth was the most stable material in existence only when compared to the mortal realm.

Not only was divinity form of energy above Truth in terms of tier, but it was intangible and could not be blocked. It could only be outpowered.

Lacerations and muscle wounds appeared all over the werewolf prince's body as his body violently vibrated in place in a futile attempt to resist the force. But alas it was too late. After only 5 seconds, the once large sphere of Truth that had threatened to destroy Will only moments ago had become no different in size from a small hut.

The sphere floated in front of Will as he continued his crushing gesture. Indomitable Moon's violent screams did nothing to phase Will as he applied as much pressure as he could.

Tears of blood streaked down the prince's eyes as he stared daggers at Will. Bones creaked and cracked as Indomitable Moon's flesh was shredded all over. Countless minor wounds riddled his body until he lost sense of his bodily vessel.

'This will be very costly to recover from.'

Then the moment of truth came.

Clap!

The sound of a violent clap resounded in the arena as Will's two separate hands collided. No longer impeded by any invisible object.

A sound akin to breaking glass assailed the ears of the observers as the sphere of Truth broke apart into green motes of light that were violently swept aside by chaotic winds, revealing a sorry figure inside.

Thousands of small shimmering runes chained together in continuous lines covered Indomitable Moon's body, while his bloody body made it difficult to recognize him as the almost unbeatable Veritas Core prodigy.