Blood Will Be Spilt

Isabel worriedly looked at her brother for she knew what he was thinking. The problem was not the princess herself, but rather her protector and lover. Her knight and Michael's lifelong rival.

"If he is fighting, we need to pay extra attention. I wasn't as interested before, but now I am very interested. There are still 15 more battles to witness, make sure you do not miss out on a single detail!

"Yes, your highness!"

Isabel did not respond, because inwardly, although she did not admit it, she was worried.

'If those three are coming to the grave, things could get ugly fast. I hope my brother will be able to remain calm.

....

Will entered the tunnel and walked a few steps. The next thing he knew, he was back in his preparation room. He cancelled the Frozen Asgard Mask and sat down on the bed as if he was an office worker coming back from a long day at work.

"Man, I am tired, fuck!"

"You did nothing that could possibly tire you out. Why are you exaggerating?" chided a smiling Adelda. She was pleased by how Will had handled the battle. He had fought like a true battle mage. It was clean, efficient and fast. To be honest, Will could have finished the fight sooner, but he wanted the opponent to use some skills first so he could react and counter them. He didn't just want to win, as always he wanted to sharpen himself.

"My future wife, please understand, I'm not used to only having one mind. It's much more taxing to fight like this. But it's worth it because my ability to switch between skills and control my body feels more...smooth. It was more taxing but felt much more intuitive and natural."

"I'm glad you have realised this."

Wodin had never left the room and interjected only at this moment. He was pleased with Will's results but did not want the young man to become complacent.

"Keep in mind that the assassin you met is one of the weakest opponents you have to fight in the tournament. So as you rest, pay attention to the screen and observe your future opponents. They are definitely not going to be walkovers like this. And if you are not careful, they will be walking over your corpse."

Will sat up and took up the lotus position. Readying himself for the upcoming battles.

"You have the Solitary Sword Sovereign Manual for the warrior part of you and the Frozen Asgard Manual for the mage part of you. I picked it carefully from my database of manuals. Not only did I modify the original to fit you better, but I also made changes that take into account your sword skills, higher senses and anti-divinity as well. You are welcome in advance."

Will smiled wryly at Odin's words. Odin had been involved in the creation of the Manual so he knew it inside and out. But that did not guarantee victory. Will still had to get used to using it.

Although the Solitary Sword Sovereign Manual and Frozen Asgard were both top-tier, they were quite different in nature.

The SSS manual was more intuitive in nature while Frozen Asgard required the pinnacle of mental processing and logic. The SSS manual was suited for those with a solitary disposition, whereas its counterpart did not have requirements in terms of personality, but it made one more emotionless as time went on. The SSS manual was one jumbled mess of information to the untrained eye whereas Odin had given Frozen Asgard in a simple and organised manner.

Using education as an example. Will's use of the SSS manual was like learning directly as an apprentice from a master over a long period of time. Frozen Asgard on the other hand was like the systematic method of education on earth split into Primary, Secondary and Tertiary education. The information was orderly and given in pieces that were easy to understand. This reduced the time needed to learn.

Each spell could be broken down and analysed in a clear and easy-to-understand manner. At least for Will, it was easy. It was here that Will truly started to appreciate the foundational knowledge Odin had gifted him. He was no longer just knowledgeable, but he was also now wiser. The foundational knowledge also improved Will's understanding of the SSS manual so he could now attempt and apply more skills.

As Will calmed himself, he focused on the screen ahead. Eager to see just who would be his opponent in the upcoming battles ahead.

Adelda and Wodin looked at each other with satisfied looks In their eyes.

"Child of the Literati, what are your thoughts regarding the boy, do you really think he can survive?" Odin had sent Adelda a telepathic message so Will could not hear their conversation.

Odin had promised Will that if the latter could survive for at least a hundred years he would be a powerhouse, but there was no way of knowing if he would. Due to their mystical connection with the metaphysical and nature, Literati had strong instincts that were usually quite accurate. Especially when it came to those they had a great curiosity for.

"To be honest Lord Odin I'm not sure. But my instinct says there will be lots of blood spilt around him. That's all I can tell."

Wodin smiled and stroked his chin, deep in thought. He could cast divination magic to look at possible future outcomes, but that would only complicate things and the futures would change once they were observed.

"Interesting, so how does that make you feel? If I am not mistaken, you left your family because you did not want to be forced to marry someone you did not love. Yet here you are promising yourself to a mortal on the whims of Modus the mad."

"I came and gave myself to Lord Modus of my own volition. He has protected me from my family and for that, I will always be eternally grateful. I would rather marry an ant than be with that thing."

Flames of rage appeared on Adelda's usually stoic face as painful memories flashed in her eyes.