An Offer

The Veritas. An alliance of powerful Royal Families created in the early stages of the Conquest System. It was an organization that only accepted one type of new addition. A powerful family that specialized in Truth.

All Veritas members are part of families that have bloodlines that are beneficial to Truthseekers in some extreme way. Hence all of its members are Truthseeking powerhouses.

It had been many years since the Veritas had accepted a new family into their fold because they focused on quality and bloodline purity rather than quantity. But new worlds and new bloodlines were discovered year in year out. It was only a matter of time before one did join.

Bloodlines provided multiple unique abilities stemming from one's ancestry. Constitution was like a mutation that affected one's vessels while bloodline abilities stemmed purely from physical genetics.

One doesn't need to have had a powerful ancestor to develop a powerful constitution such as the negative energy constitutions that Frozen Asgard Sect sought. But one did need to have a powerful ancestral background to access their bloodline power.

Some bloodlines provided unique constitutions while some constitutions could cause one's bloodline to mutate. Scholars and cultivators were still arguing over what was more useful to have in the cultivation world. And this battle of ideology expressed itself in many forms across the system.

The Frozen Asgard Sect and Veritas were always at loggerheads with each other. Constantly starting battles against each other any chance they had.

One was a theocratic organization that recruited according to one's constitution, while the other was an imperial clan that recruited according to bloodline.

For many centuries the two had not been seeing eye to eye on many matters. They fought not only because of differences but also because of similarities.

They were both elitist groups that discriminated according to talent and did what they wished without worrying much about moral consequences. Easy to anger and very protective of their members.

All Frozen Asgard ladies saw themselves as fairies that were beyond the reach of mankind, gracing lowly mortals with their presence. While the Veritas believed that they were natural kings meant to rule and guide mankind to the future.

The Veritas believed Truth to be the ultimate power, and that all Truthseekers were natural born Kings meant to rule over others because only they could find Truth and not be mislead by falsehoods. Any family that qualified to join according to bloodline standards must also have a regal history and a powerful nation under their belt, to show that they can pass on their power.

Thus few people could match the arrogance and willful temper of the two organizations. Making them clash many a time. The only reason wars between the two did not happen more often was because distance was a limiting factor, as their respective headquarters were on opposite ends of Modus' sector.

Will and his opponent exited their respective tunnels and approached the middle of the arena at the designated distance.

"He has caused quite an upset in this tournament. An unlikely dark horse who has eliminated the Eternal Night Empire and the Frozen Asgard Sect. Will he add the Veritas to his list of victims? He is the independent Lord, Peerless Dao Master!"

Hercules kept his introduction on Will short and simple. Will was wearing the Frozen Asgard Mask and did nothing different. He silently stood there regarding his opponent, yet his actions, or lack of any, still solicited an excited cheer from the crowd.

'It should be a crime to be this handsome.'

The person ahead of Will was a blonde red eyed youth. Despite his masculine form, he had a feminine face with a devilish charm about him. He was slender and tall, with a natural arrogance and dispostion that made those of a weak mind want to submit. .

Many women in the crowd smiled and paid extra attention to the youth. They were mostly older than him, but they didn't care less. In the system, age meant nothing, only power and status mattered.

Many beings were much stronger than the youth before Will, but few could dare say the situation would remain the same after ten years.

He was wearing an all black gentleman's suit with white gloves made out of a silk like material while he had a white shirt and black tie. A simple yet classic attire that stole the hearts of many an observer who paid attention to fashion.

'The rumors are true. The Veritas can't hide their expressions. They say what's on their mind regardless of who they might offend. That's the price they pay for being powerhouses of Truth.'

Truth was a power related to one's state of mind. One's mind must be clear and unobstructed. Lies obstruct the mind's ability to resonate with Truth. Thus Truthseekers trained in avoiding lies at all costs. This was even more so for the Veritas who collected bloodlines related to Truthseekers.

'He looks like a vampire prince from some shoujo anime. The irony.'

While Will made remarks in his mind over his enemy, Hercules continued his introduction, "His opponent is also a man who needs no introduction. A Crown Prince of the Veritas and the first born son of the House of Remus. The Fist Fang of Lycus. Indomitable Moon!"

The crowd cheered crazily as soon as Hercules introduced the youth.

The youth in question, Indomitable Moon, smiled as he looked at the crowds above. He reveled in the attention as he waved to the crowd.

"So this is the Crown Prince of Lycus. He is even more handsome than the rumors suggested."

"More like beautiful to me. How can a man be so pretty, he makes me jealous."

"For a pretty lady like you to say that, then he really is attractive. Oddly enough, this tournament has an abnormal amount of royal scions from powerful worlds. What's so special here?"

"I don't know. Rumor has it that there is secret information about the trip to Fafnir's Grave that only people with high status have."

"What kind of secret?"

"It's a bloody secret! How am I supposed to know?"

Multiple conversations like this occurred as the crowd responded to Indomitable Moon. He was a famous character in this tournament. He could not claim to be the strongest, but he challenged for the title of most famous.

He was a person who liked to challenge those stronger than him. One's religion, beliefs, or the status they had at birth didn't matter, only strength mattered when he looked for foes.

He, like all Veritas, was also extremely arrogant and didn't try to hide it. He believed that talent determined one's status in life hence one's status was determined once their talent blossomed. He, like most Veritas, believed in powerful bloodline related abilities.

The red-eyed youth stopped waving and used his hand to signal the crowd to quiet down. To Will's surprise the crowd responded in kind and the cheering subsided.

"Peerless, I am not here to fight." the youth said with a hand behind his back.

Will was flabbergasted by this action. Because the boy was known as a battle maniac. So this was an odd development. One that Hercules had no intention of interrupting. The deity calmy observed while pumping his weights.

Indomitable Moon's hand moved and his palm faced upward while he made a claw-like gesture, "I'm here to make you an offer you can't refuse."