3.

R O O H

My father didn't bother my anger towards him and after that day we both had an argument regarding my Dadi's plot, we didn't talk to each other.

I can say that we didn't even look at eachother. According to him I talked to him like a spoiled teenager while According to me he shouldn't plan to sell Dadi's Plot. Afterall that's her last wish.

It was Di's Haldi(a Ritual) today in the morning and Wedding at night but Shivangi wasn't happy at all. Only Maa, Di and I know that she isn't happy with this wedding.

"Rooh, I need to tell you something," Shivangi said, dragging me to the corner. "What happened?" For the first time in 2 weeks, I saw her smiling. "I got a job offer from The Mac's" it took me a while to understand what happened. While I was looking at her with widened eyes her eyes were filled with excitement as if she is the happiest human right now.

The Mac's were one of the popular fashion brands. "Then let's go and inform everyone" I said holding her wrist but she stopped me and her smile disappeared. "No, you have no idea what will happen if Papa gets to know that I am not an engineer but I studied Fashion designing"

This is a secret between me, di and Dadi. Dadi was our only financial and emotional support in this fashion designing thing. It isn't like Di didn't study Engineering, she studied for 1.5 years and dropped out after she cracked a scholarship.

"Right. So what will you do?"
"I can't marry anyone, I have to become a successful Fashion designer" I didn't expected a quick response from Di. "But Di, today is your wedding, how is that even possible?" She looked around to confirm that no one was listening to us.

"I will run away" Omg, I didn't expect this side of my sister. My eyes got wide "That's not your cup of Tea"
"I know and you will help me in running away" The confidence on her face made me believe that she was going to do anything for her dreams.
She will happily cross every limit.

"I don't want to marry, have kids and be a good wife-Instead I want to be a successful independent woman" I nodded with a smile. "I am worried about both families" She added

"Nothing will happen Di, When there will be no bride it means No wedding. Yes, Papa will be angry but once you will be successful he will hug you and forget everything that happened" Shivangi nodded.

"I will Run away before baraat( Procession) comes so that papa will inform them that the wedding is cancelled and that way, there won't be a lot of mess" I bet she planned this before. Smart girl

"Done. It's my duty to make sure you are out-without getting caught"
⁠✿✿⁠✿⁠

It was 6:30 pm and we were half an hour late from our plan. Once Baraat(Procession) comes, it's impossible for Di to run away. We all reached the venue and di was getting ready so that we could get rid of those Makeup and hair artists.

I knocked on the Door only to hear a come in. "Di" she turned towards me and my eyes landed on her. "Omg you are looking so pretty" She stepped towards me wearing the red bridal lehenga, the makeup was perfectly done. Her hair done into a bun, covered with Gajra.

"I will leave you two alone" The artist said, leaving us behind. "You are seriously looking pretty" I said but she ignored the compliment.

"It's the time," Di said. "Are you sure you will handle Papa's anger?"
"I will. Now.. just be ready because we don't have time" I said, receiving a nod from her.

We don't have time to get rid of her makeup, the only thing we did was to get her changed into some light clothes, which will help her in running away.