46.

Spoilers from next chapter are at the end of this chapter.

V I D Y U T

After taking a warm shower with Rooh, I was drying her hair with a towel. I loved how she smelled like me. The best part is she is wearing my shirt, which makes me want to fuck her again, but I am not going to do that. My eyes fell on her reflection in the mirror and I noticed her looking at me. “What happened?” I asked her.

“Are you sure you aren't upset because of me?” This woman. This woman holds the power to make me go on my knees and I would gladly do that, but here she is worried if I am upset. “I am not upset.” I kept the towel on the table, dragging the stool, so I could sit beside her.

“I had a friend, who saved me from drowning once, Neil Shekhawat.” I paused and smiled a disappointed smile. “As time passed, Rayaan, Neil and I became very good friends, more like we were brothers. Rayaan was the bookworm and Neil was a playboy. A perfect bastard with a good face, that's what our batch mates called him.” I paused as Rooh stayed quiet, listening to me.

“But one day, Neil betrayed me. He hurt Arya so much that she is still suffering from that trauma he gave her, and all I want to do is to–drag him and kill him.” My hands curled into a fist just by thinking of that motherfucker. “Arya? What happened to her?” Rooh asks, her eyes filled with concern.

“He used her and made sure to ruin her life, and I still remember the sight of Arya when I saw her lying on the deathbed. Maa was traumatized after Arya tried to commit suicide.” Since Rooh is a part of our family, I told her everything about Arya.

“This is the reason I hate lies.” I completed my sentence and Rooh hugged me. Soft sobs echoed in our room. “I-I am sorry.” I patted her back. “It's okay. You don't need to cry.” I will kill you Neil forgetting the fact that you saved me only to ruin my sister. I will kill you.

“Stop crying, jaan. That hurts.” Rooh wiped her nose with the tissue and tossed the used tissue in the bin. Sometimes I feel scared looking at her, knowing that she is sensitive. I understood how she felt. Rooh was never loved by people, so now when someone loves her, she doesn't want to lose that person. “Stop crying, and I will give you a gift.” She lifted her face to look at me and I smiled looking at her red nose.

“Come here.” I gestured to her to come closer to me, and she did. She hugged me, keeping her head on my chest and my hand rested on her back. “You remember, I told you that I have prepared your birthday gift?” The same gift that got cancelled because of her parents.

She hummed. “Let's get you your gift tomorrow.”

R O O H

As always, Vidyut woke up early. How does he manage to wake up so early? Even after last night? I want to ask him one question. Aren't you tired, Mr. Suryawanshi? But then he will answer the same thing.

“You are something I would never get tired of.” Sometimes I feel I shouldn't have kept my novels in his library because he has been reading my novels and answering my questions that I drop in them.

I still remember how he ruined one of my books. “How do I feel, heaven like you make her feel?” This is what I wrote, and Vidyut's answer made my jaw drop. “Ask me Jaan, and I can be better than him.”

My cute man.

I still feel guilty about lying, now that I know his reason for hating the liar, all I wish is to go back to the past and never lie to him. Our relationship was perfect before that night in Italy, but the past two months made our relationship strong, in these two months we have shared a lot of things about ourselves.