39.

To my ScrollStack readers, chapter 40 is out . Don't forget to read the promo at the end of this chapter.

Dropping the link on my conversation board and on my Instagram story. (Ig: talethatneverends)

New chapter ka notification Mila tha kya? Kyuki Wattpad phir saste nashe pe hai 🫠🫴

                                      R O O H

When I woke up, I found myself in a dark room, but that's not what I was looking at. I am looking at the only source of light in this dark room, and just beside that, there is a chair and someone is sitting there.

I took slow steps towards that person and when my eyes recognized her, tears streamed down my cheek as soft sobs echoed in the room. My grandmother is sitting there knitting something.

"Dadi," I said, she looked at me and a smile appeared on her face. She got up, and I ran towards her to hug her. "I missed you so much. So much Dadi."
(Grandmother)

"I missed you too. You know that." I don't want to break this hug. I don't. "Why did you leave me Dadi, no one loved me dadi and yet, you left me alone in this cruel world."

She pulled out, cupping my cheeks like she used to do. "I know, but God has called Dadi. They want me to be with them-" I cut her off midway.

"And what about me? Do you not love me? I miss you dadi, and all the stories you used to say while we sleep at night. I-i couldn't even see you for the last time, and you-you left me." She smiles at my words.

"I told you, God wanted me to be with them." Tears streamed down my cheeks and I felt my throat burning.

"I don't care. I-i miss everything about you. Your food, your hair massages, your stories. I still remember how you used to run outside the kitchen every time I came back from the hostel." I paused only to speak again.

"You have no idea, how much I miss you. Whether it's Durga Puja or Diwali or Holi.. I miss you a lot. I really miss you, dadi." She lifts her hand and wipes off my tears.

"I miss you too." She murmured, wiping off my tears. "Then come back. Please, or take me with you." She chuckled. "Then what about the one who loves you-" she paused. Who loves me?

"And the one you love apart from me?" She added. I don't know who she is talking about. "No one loves me, dadi except you."

"You have someone who loves you more than me." No. No one can love me more than you. "He loves you more than me, and I am happy he does." She wipes her tears and steps back again and again.

"Dadi." I tried to step towards her, but I was frozen. "Dadi, don't leave me." One moment she is here and the other moment she isn't. She left me again. Why did she do this to me? Come back, please. P-please.

My knees gave up, and I fell to the ground. I will never be able to see her again. "Dadi." I hugged my knees.

"Jaan?" A voice reached my ear. I know this voice, but I don't know it. A hand comes in contact with my eyesight, I lift my gaze to look at a man. He is good-looking and he is smiling. "Let's go back." He speaks, but I am too occupied by his smile and his dimple.

Does he know me? "You will come with your Vid. Right?" Who is he? And where is he going to take me? "Take my hand, Jaan."

"Who are you? And I want to go with my Dadi and not you." He pulls away his hand. "So you-you forgot me?" I squeezed my eyebrows, wiping my tears from the back of my hand. "I don't know you." He smiles again, but this time his smile has a pain that matches with the pain in his eyes.