43.

The link of next chapter is present in my conversation board. (Paid chapter)

R O O H

It's difficult. Difficult to believe that what I am looking at is true. It's not a dream. When I thought my parents were going to throw a big ass birthday party which was going to be a business party, here they threw a party.

A party I always dreamt of. I wondered how they got to know about it. I always celebrated my birthday with my grandmother, but this would be a lie if I said that I never dreamt of celebrating my birthday with my parents.

I wanted a simple party, where there are only family members. Not a big party with a lot of decoration. "Happy Birthday, beta," Papa says with a smile across his face. I don't know when I saw a genuine smile like this.

There are silver ribbons, and it has big Happy Birthday balloons on it. Just beside them lies another set of balloons, this time it are pink panthers. I loved watching that cartoon when I was a kid.

"Happy Birthday, Di." Vansh and Harshit speak in one go.

"Thank you," I replied. I should get a grip on my emotions, but here I am with wet eyes and a heavy heart. "I got your favorite cake." Maa walks out of the kitchen with a cake in her hand and a smile on her face.

"Happy Birthday." She said, and I stayed silent. Why are they doing this? Are they genuine? I felt a hand on my back that made me look in that direction. "Mrs. Suryawanshi, your mother said something."

I forced a smile and turned my gaze towards my parents. "Thank you." I denied coming here in the morning when Vidyut walked inside our Room with a cup of Tea in his hand, but he said that I should meet them, they are my parents.

The smell of Jasmine filled my nostrils when Maa hugged me. The last time she hugged me like this was way before Vansh was born. "Thanks for coming." She whispered before breaking our hug.

"Come let's cut the cake."

I blew out the candles and everyone clapped while singing birthday songs. I might have tears in my eyes, but my feelings are hollow, I don't know if I should just go hug them and cry my lungs out because I missed them or be angry thinking about everything they did to me.

I didn't want to talk to my father, but when he held my hand and walked towards the table which had many gifts, I did walk. I shouldn't have, but I did. "I am not a good father Rooh, but I can try to be a good father for Shivangi, You and Vansh-" he paused and looked at the table which had a mountain of gifts.

"I am sorry for forcing you to take your sister's place, I apologize for never treating you as my child, I apologize for not asking you what you want, I apologize for everything." He picks a gift and forwards it towards me.

"These gifts are for you, do you like it?" His words broke at the end. "Tell me?" He added.

"Sorry? Is it easy to apologize? Hmm, papa? Is it easy to forget everything with just a sorry? Because I can't forget everything. You might think I am making a big fuss, but actually, I am being me, I cannot forgive you both. I can't." Papa kept the gift at the table and held my hand.

"It is not, but I will try my best to ask you both to forgive me. I can wait too if you both want time..we will wait, but we won't let you go."

"Yes, I need time. Papa" My eyes fall on the white marble and when I lift my eyes to look at him. I could see his eyes filled with pain. We children can dislike our parents, but why does my heart sink looking at them cry? My hand gripped my phone and I spoke further. "I think I should go back home. It's already 10"