5.

R O O H

"Aap woh aakhiri Insaan honge jisse mein abhi baat karna chahti hu" Papa nodded, taking out his thick specks and keeping it on the Table.
(You're the last person I want to talk to right now)

"Mein Jaanta hu" (I know)

"Then you shouldn't be here" I said, my eyes pinned to the wall. I know Papa must have dealt with the criticism that Vidyut's family threw on him. No one from Vidyut's family said anything to me except Vidyut.

"You were always a short tempered person while your sister was a calm girl. I will suggest you to be calm in your in-laws house" Wrong, I was short tempered but my profession made me calm. I do get angry, that's human nature After All.

"That's out of my Reach" He chuckled. "You are the copy of me, I might be the villain of your life right now, Right?" So he knows. Actually It's Chachu, after all he was the one who gave him this idea.

"You. Papa-You blackmailed me to marry Vidyut. You were aware how much I care about that plot, you know it reminds me of Dadi" I looked at him. My hands gripped on the hem of the lehenga.

"It's for your good Rooh, Vidyut is a nice guy and you know society isn't good. If people would have known that your sister ran away, forget about Shivangi..I won't be able to find a good Man for you"

"Still Papa, you have no idea how guilty I feel for him and his family and the way I am angry with you because you-You blackmailed me"

I have no right to be rude to Vidyut or his family because I chose this path myself. I agreed to marry him. "Jao Papa, Mujhe Akele rehne do-jaise aap log hamesha se kiye ho. Thik waise hi" I didn't scream at him, instead my voice had a calmness.

(Just go papa, leave me alone-like you always left me)

"Rooh, Your Language!!" A voice cut me off, it wasn't papa but Maa.

"Mind my language? What did I say wrong? I just asked for some time alone" I paused and turned my face, as tears dropped off my eyes. I hate it when anger comes out of me in the form of tears and I have no control over them.

"Mujhe kisi se baat nahi karni hai" (I don't want to talk to anyone)

"Just go"

"Ish ladki se toh baat hi karna bekaar hai" Maa sighed in annoyance and left while Papa looked at me.

(It's useless to talk to this girl)

"I hope you remember our deal and I didn't force you to marry Vidyut, you yourself agreed to marry him, I just said that I will give you your grandmother's plot as a gift, and here are the keys to your Dadi's House"

Right. You didn't force me Papa. You never did.
...

I don't know what happened but Vidyut's family is ready to accept me. Many people in his family were angry and I could read it on their faces. Right now I was about to leave for Vidyut's House and Papa wasn't here and I am glad about it.

Dadi was our Powerhouse. If she were alive, Di wouldn't have to run away nor would I get married to this guy.

I was sitting in the car, while my brothers and other family members were standing outside. "Di, Please take care of yourself" Harshit said, Harshit is my cousin but he loves me like his own sister.

"Rooh Di, You never wanted to marry him but trust me..If there is any issue or he hurts you. Just call me. I will be there in no time" Vansh said.

Vansh and Harshit weren't aware of this mess. They got to know about this along with Vidyut's family and I am sure if they got to know this before they wouldn't let me take this step.
"Di? Are you even listening?" I simply nodded. "Yes, I am"