7.

R O O H

"You must be kidding me. Right?" Arya shook her head leaving giggles, while I looked at the red saree with a thin border made of green, golden and a light tone of Red.

"Bhabhi you have to wear this" she sat on the bed.

"But Arya-I don't know how to wear a saree" Who thought I would be in this situation. "That's a small issue bhabhi, I will call Maa she can help you like she helps me" I shook my head. She might scold me for not knowing how to wear a saree.

"No no no, Please don't" I held her by her Arm. "Trust me she won't say anything to you" She was dragging me while I tried to stop her. "Are you two playing tug of war?We froze at our place while a lady in silk saree came in front of our sight.

"Maa, I was coming for your help but it's good you came already" I let out a nervous Laugh. She turned her attention towards me.

"Rooh, Why aren't you ready already?" Just when I opened my mouth to speak, Arya cut me off.

"Actually maa bhabhi doesn't know how to wear a saree" My eyes met the ground. "That's a small issue, I will help you bacche" I looked at Aunty, she had a warm smile across her face.

After I wore the blouse and shapewear, Aunty was helping me wear the saree. "I heard you are done with MBBS, so what's your plan?" I nodded. "Yes, I am an aspiring Neurologist" She smiled and looked at me while she was doing plates.

"That's cool and I am proud of you"
"Huh?" My reflex action was quick. Never in my life My Mother said this to ms, here is someone I barely know saying this to me.

"I am actually proud of you Rooh," Vidyut's mother is unique from everyone, where everyone is hating me here she is. I opened my mouth to speak but got diverted by a phone call. I looked at the caller name and it shows Maa. I sighed and turned off the screen. "You should talk to her" I shouldn't talk to her, I don't want to.

"I was 5 years old when I began living with my Dadi..I lived with her till I completed my highschool and then I shifted to my hostel so, I never lived with my parents and she never made me wear a saree"

"Tug it inside" I did as she asked me to. "You look pretty like a doll, Your mother might be worried about you, you should talk to her because a mother can never think bad about her child" I smiled. Maybe I should talk to her or I shouldn't "Thanks Aunty," She nodded.

"You married my son, it doesn't matter what happened but marrying him makes you my daughter, and I don't think a daughter should address her mother as Aunt" Arya is like her Mother..the sunshine.

"Thanks Maa" She smiled. "Get ready and come downstairs, we are waiting for you" I nodded and she disappeared.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I hadn't applied vermilion yet so I picked the vermilion box, opened it and took a pinch of vermilion and applied it on my forehead.
Even though this marriage was a disaster in my life, I respect the culture a lot and I don't want to hurt anyone anymore.

✿✿✿

"You need to make something sweet for Breakfast" I nodded. I don't know anything except Kheer that too my Dadi taught me when I went on holiday. "Rooh bete, Don't worry just prepare something sweet rest for breakfast, we have a chef..He will make it"

I nodded at Au-No Maa. "Come, I will lead to the kitchen" I followed Arya and Maa. I could see Vidyut's Aunt, looking at me with bombastic side eyes. She is the second human in the house who doesn't like me, the first is my husband. The Angry bird.

Everyone is cold here except Arya and Maa.

A notification popped on my phone, it was Vansh
VANSH: "Di, are you okay? Woh pareshan toh nahi kar Raha hai na?