15.

V I D Y U T

It's been a week since I talked to her. Both of us are busy in our own lives. She often comes late and sometimes I end up sleeping in the drawing room not because my bed is occupied by her but because I come home so exhausted that I lie on the couch to rest for 5 minutes and I fall asleep like I am about to sleep right now.

"I know, you don't have to tell me. I know your name is attached to mine and you don't want me to ruin it"

Her words have occupied a corner in my subconscious mind. That day, I didn't go to her hospital to help her or be her superman and defend her. One of my employees was admitted there, he did a lot for our company, so I decided to meet him.

And when I was on my way back, I saw her giggling with a guy. I had no intention to break her friendly bubble until I heard a few girls bad mouthing about her and I lost my temper.

I should not think about her. "Ranasa, aap yaha kyu soo rahe hai?" My eyes opened and I saw Raghu Kaka, standing in front of me. He is the spy of Maa.

(Ranasa, why are you sleeping here?)

I realised that I almost slept here like yesterday. After we came back to my bungalow in Jaipur, I used to sleep in the swing that's hung on my balcony not because I wanted Rooh to sleep peacefully on my bed to be a good husband but because I didn't wanted to sleep with her and if I sleep in another room, Kaka would complain to Maa so, I bought a foldable sofa bed set for her. I could have bought a new bed for her but since Kaka is Maa's spy, I have to be careful.

"Aap thik hai na? Khanna laga du?"
(Are you okay? Should I serve the Dinner?)

I shook my head. "Nahi, mein bahar se kha ke aaya hu, aap kha lijiye" I stood up, grabbed my coat and walked upstairs towards my room.

(No, I already had my dinner. You can eat)

It was almost 10 at Night and Rooh wasn't in my room, she must be in the study room, arranging her books.

My eyes landed on her bed, basically the sofa cum bed, I made sure it's big enough for her to sleep. On her sofa lies her butterfly stuffed toy, by looking at the toy anyone can say it's old. The colour is pink not the typical one but yes it's pink and it has lost its colour "Who sleeps with a stuffed toy"

Your wife. The one you are attracted to.
Shut up! I am not attracted to her. Am I?
Lier.
This voice from my brain. Okay fine, I am attracted to her. Go be happy.

I sighed and kept my coat aside. I need a warm bath or else I am going to die. Not to forget I got a few details about Shivangi, proving that she is in Paris. About Rooh, Rayaan is still collecting details about her and recently I texted him to search about her friends group.
In detail.

After taking a good shower, I walked outside my room to see her arranging some books and keeping them inside the storage of her sofa cum bed. My room is a mess right now, especially her side. "Are you going to clean this?" I asked her.

She looked at me, licked her dried lips. "Give me half an hour" Her gaze moves from me to her thick books. My eyes landed on a book that doesn't look like her med books. "The fine print" by Lauren Asher.

The cover picture is decent, I was about to pick that book when she snatched it away. She eyes me as if I stole her precious thing. "That's mine"

"I was just looking at it, I mean I do read novels and the cover is pretty" She gulps before speaking. "You also read novels?"

"What did I say right now Mrs. Suryawanshi?"

"I know, I have seen your creepy collection in your library" She says. Is she really calling my book collection creepy?