7

More then a week had passed. It had been about 10 days since Regan moved in California and most of the things have gone good. She was closer to Vesper, considering her as a best friend. But apart from all this, there was still something weird about Vesper.

It seemed like she was always hiding something. The paranoic girl couldn't get her mind out of it. It happened all the time, when she sensed something weird and bizarre, she wanted to get to the bottom of it.

She had noticed most of the time of how her friend emotions changed drastically and quickly. She didn't mention this because she didn't want to get into awkward situations or have Vesper take it as an insult. One other weird thing were her grades. In one of their physics tests, Vesper had gotten A+ and Regan had gotten A-. She wasn't worried as much as she was about Vesper's grade.

She never wanted to be the kind of person who envied others success, nor was she. But Vesper's grades seemed off.

The day when they took the test Regan would glance at Vesper's paper only out of curiosity. And the weirdest thing was that most of Vesper's answers were wrong. As someone who studied hard, she knew what was right.

The more Regan thought about it, the more she blamed her suspicious nature. Maybe she was the one wrong. But she couldn't shake off the fact that Vesper was weird.

When she arrived at school, she threw the bag pack on her back and went inside. She found her friend in the classroom, looking at her phone.

"Hey, are you coming over at my house today?" Vesper asked.

"Is anyone in your house?" Regan asked.

"I told you, NO," she said emphasizing the "no".

Regan still wasn't okay with it. She felt something weird about going to Vesper's house.

One thing she was glad from the class was that the students had stopped to stare at her and minded their own business. All she wanted was to be invisible.

After some classes, she was forced again to go to the cafeteria with Vesper. It wasn't very pleasant. Olivia was around, making fun and teasing everyone, but despite that, everyone acted like she was righteous, responding to her dirty jokes.

"Get back on earth!" Vesper said, smacking Regan's shoulder.

"I'm on earth," she replied. "I don't understand, what are we going to do in your house?" she asked confused. She didn't want to go anywhere.

"There's much more fun in my house and I'm not telling you this early," Vesper said before taking a sip from her coke.

Regan shook her head and glanced around only to see Olivia and her band moving around like searching for someone. Her eyes searched and searched till they landed on the table where the girls were sitting. She seemed content and walked over, followed by two girls behind her.

Regan let out a sigh in frustration and told Vesper that she was coming.

These days Olivia stared at Regan mostly. Maybe it was because of Vesper. That thing about the Nate guy, wasn't cleared up in her mind. She still thought there was more to know.

"Hey scar, what's up?" Olivia said, her expression filled with disdain, as she leaned on the table.

Regan frowned, hating getting called 'scar'. She had been called before and she still loathed it.

"What do you want?" she coldly retorted.

Olivia's expression took a twist of a sneer, "Oh, just wanting to play a little game." In a swift move, she poured her coke into Regan's burger.