98

The next morning when Regan woke up, she found herself in the cosy bed, the sunlight resting on her face. The whole chamber was bathed in sunlight and for a moment it felt as if she was in bliss, ethereal and pure, but then the unsettling thoughts washed upon her again. She looked at her side to find no one. Her mother wasn't there.

A wave of alarm and fear washed over her and she slipped hastily from the bed.

"Mom?" she called, her voice shaky and uncertain. She went to check inside the bathroom, but Octavia wasn't there. She ran a hand through her hair, feeling her heartbeats out of place, her mind not thinking straight.

She turned back, to the doors and rushed to them. As soon as she opened them, she met with the cold breeze of the other side. And then, when she was going to turn on her right, she bumped to a strong, tall wall, a wall that was no other one than him.

Regan's heart nearly skipped a beat as she realized who was really there. He looked down at her, his expression unreadable, his gaze piercing through her eyes.

"Good morning, Princess." He smirked, his blue eyes shining with amusement. Regan stepped back, feeling herself tremble under his hawk-like gaze. He looked handsome, his hair was half wet, messy, his midnight bangs falling over his forehead. He was wearing a regal attire, his presence emanating power and authority.

And then the realization hit Regan like a punch on her stomach. She was wearing a damn nightgown that showed her chest. Immediately, her hand reached up to try and tug the fabric at her chest but it was the worst she did. His gaze followed her hand's movement, but then, thankfully rested back on her face. At least he wasn't being a creep. But she still felt terribly exposed. How did she forget she was wearing a nightgown?

"Get the hell away from me!" she hissed, backing away. "Where's my mother?! What have you done to her?" she yelled, trying to sound braver than she felt. Because inside and outside she was still trembling with fear.

"Woah, chill out, Princess," he teased, taking a step closer. "I don't know where she is."

Regan took steps back, hearing her own heartbeat and blood pounding in her ears. "Don't you dare come any closer!" she warned, her voice shaking with fear.

Sirius chuckled, clearly amused. "Well, your mother's fine. And she knows I'm here. You trust your mother's judgement, don't you?" He continued to step closer, and Regan knew that she was ending inside the chamber, her panic and anxiety palpable.

"S-stay away from me!" she shouted, her voice breaking. She tried to cover her chest and cursed herself for wearing a damn nightgown. She felt so vulnerable, so exposed. His presence was unsettling and she didn't want it to end that way. She didn't want to end up as his slave or concubine.

And the faster she backed away, the faster he closed in. As she hastily tried to move away, she stumbled to the vanity table, throwing a perfume on the carpet. She flinched, she was shaking uncontrollably and she hated herself for it.

"Why are you doing this?" she stammered, her voice barely audible.

Sirius glanced once at the broken perfume on the floor, his expression careless. The perfume's scent dripped of damn red roses, filling the room with their intoxicating scent, making Regan sick and nauseous.

He didn't answer her, instead, he stepped even closer, making her back hit the wall. And when she hit that wall, there she grew extremely panicked. She couldn't breathe, she couldn't think. But she could act. Before he could fully trap her, she unleashed a burst of spell at him, aiming for his chest.

But Sirius wasn't that foolish. He knew she was scared, and he didn't want to hurt her. So, he simply moved to the side, letting her spell miss him.

"Nice try," he said, his voice amused. "But you should know better than this, Princess. Because, I didn't come here to fight." And with that, he placed both his hands on the wall on either side of her head, trapping her between them. She was terrified, she couldn't even move, she couldn't even breathe. Her heart was pounding against her ribcage, her lungs burning for air.