44

The journey back to the castle was silent, each sister lost in her thoughts. Sirius, content with the apparent success of his manipulation, led the way with a self-satisfied grin.

As they approached the castle gates, the sorcerer turned to them, his tone veering towards a more authoritative stance. "Remember, we are stronger together. Our allegiance is crucial for our success. Regan is a threat to that unity. Stay focused on our goals, and everything will fall into place."

The witches, still nursing their wounded pride, nodded in agreement, though a glimmer of displeasure lingered in their eyes.

Once inside the castle, they vanished in their chambers, each plotting silently. After she bathed and changed her clothes, Circe, couldn't shake off her suspicions. She decided to talk to her sisters, inside the hall between their three chambers.

Vesper and Allegra, polished and indulged walked in the hall, their muscles aching from the earlier fight.

"What do you want to talk about, Circe?" Allegra asked in annoyance as she sat down and put her knees on the chest.

Before Circe could answer, a servant entered, bringing food to the sisters, who were starving since the morning they left. The servant bowed and quickly left, as she noticed their tense looks, not willing to be confronted by them.

Assuring that the servant left, Circe locked the tall door and approached her sisters who were seated and hungrily started to eat. After they looked to be finished, she spoke.

"We can't trust Sirius entirely. We need to be cautious and plan our moves strategically." She said with a lowered voice as she knew the possibility that he could watch them through his mirror. To be even more secure, she casted a spell that would block any magic interference from outside, just for a short time.

A frown crossed Vesper's face as she knew she'd never forget such a planned defeat, "You're right, once we sense betrayal we'll strike back."

"He should pay for what he did!" The blondie added furiously.

"Now he's got the chance to mock us around with that defeat," Vesper retorted.

"I can't believe how we lost to these losers," Allegra vented, "we even got beaten up by them!"

"This won't happen ever again. We were unprepared," Vesper said.

"We should focus more into our powers, and prove to Sirius that we aren't any less powerful than him," Circe said.

"I think we should do something about Regan's matter first," Allegra suggested, her voice furious, "she became such a big obstacle and problem. I have an idea girls. What if we persuade him to let her out of that chamber at least? That way, it'll be easier for us to shed her."

Both Circe and Vesper took their sister's words into consideration, thinking it as a potential plan to not attract any suspect from Sirius's side.

"That's a well thought out plan," Circe said.

"Yes, but he's cold as ice. How are we going to persuade him?" Vesper asked in disbelief.

"You, definitely. With the help of us of course," Allegra smirked, "after all, you know Regan better, don't you?"

Vesper insisted into saying that Sirius wasn't going to follow this plan easily however the pressure of her sisters, made her determined to try.

"Fine. Tomorrow."

The next day, Vesper tried to execute her plan. She barged into Sirius's study chamber and found him busy, conversing with general Vlad. Trying to swallow her frustration she approached and gave him an alluring smile, putting her hand on his shoulder.