29

Regan had no idea what time it was or how long she had been looking at the window. She knew it was night, but nothing made sense to her. She had been crying and blaming herself for falling in such an evil trap.

She could have stayed like she always did, but doing this wouldn't earn her anything.

There was a thing for sure, this place didn't look like earth at all. The thought itself made her shiver. But what if it was just an illusion? Maybe Sirius lied and cast some spells on her. Whatever it was, Regan couldn't think of something logical.

She wondered if there were any other beings in there, of course if it wasn't earth. Or was she all alone? How would she even get back to her home?

It sounded ironic to her that she hated the home she had. What about her aunt? What about Vesper? Was she going to see them again?

No, she couldn't stay like that. She had to find a way to escape and go back where she was.

A door knock made her flinch. Scared of who was coming, she rushed to the other side of the chamber.

The double door opened and it revealed...a short woman? Regan's eyebrows furrowed.

"Sorry for the disturbing, miss. His highness ordered to bring you food," she spoke in the weirdest accent that Regan had ever heard.

The woman looked young, had dark hair and a bronze skin color. She kept her head low, so Regan couldn't see any other details apart from her maiden dress. It was green, long, and with a white apron over it.

She was holding a tray with food and Regan just remembered how hungry she was. But hold on! As Regan approached the weird woman, she saw her bronze skin had several reptilian scales.

In complete weirdness, Regan stumbled back, startled. As the young woman looked at Regan, Regan saw her big gold eyes, which she had never seen before. The unknown's face was clear of scales but her neck had some that matched her skin's color and looked like small bronze mirrors.

After that, it was confirmed for Regan, she was abducted by alien species; in another planet.

Shocked by the supernatural revelation, Regan ran her hands through her hair and started to pace around anxiously.

"Oh my God! Oh my God!" she said to herself pacing back and forth, not believing what web had she caught herself in.

The young woman did the same, she was confused, raising an eyebrow. Then, after a while she decided to speak.

"I've brought you food."

Regan immediately looked at her, wide eyed. The food was unknown, the place unknown. She was inside a place with aliens and creatures, she had no idea what was going on. She thought as if she was going to faint but still, she managed to get closer to the maiden.

"Please, tell me where I am and help me to get out of here! Please," Regan pleaded, her voice trembling with fear and uncertainty as she got nearer the other girl; fearing her outcome.

"I am sorry miss, but I'm not allowed to reveal much. This realm is called Silvertide." With those words, she placed the tray of food on a nearby table. Realm? What realm?

"Can you help me escape? Please..." Regan said with a pleading look again. The maid opened the doors quickly and left without any other explanation.

Regan was left again puzzled and decided that if anyone would come again, she'd find a way to force herself out of that dark chamber.

She looked at the side, at the tray of food to see a bowl with a weird soup or whatever it was and a drink.

No, there was no way she was going to eat, she thought that they were probably the sinister sorcerer's doings and she wasn't going to risk anymore. They weren't even human, she didn't know what to think. Yes, they didn't have animal shapes but whatever they were, they weren't human.