56

After what seemed like an eternity, Vlad finally entered Sirius's chamber, followed by two other men, that were holding the traitor. His face was distorted and his scaly features, crossed by dried blood.

Despite his wretched position, his eyes still held a mischievous defiance.

"What happened to other men?" Sirius questioned, a sinister smirk playing on his lips.

"They're dead," Vlad replied.

"Nice," the sorcerer said and turned his gaze on Mathias, who was standing on his knees. "So, Mathias, who inspired you to dare defy my rules and cause havoc in my dominion?" He asked in a menacing voice, the blue flames dancing on his gloves, threatening to burn whatever he wanted.

Mathias didn't look up, but an evil glint wad in his eyes, "The red haired woman with a scar. She helped me escape, it was her plan all along. She is working against you," he cracked through his dried voice.

Sirius smirk faded as he exchanged knowing glances with Vlad. He stood up and grabbed Mathias by his collar, his grip tightening as he leaned in menacingly. "I don't believe a word of your treacherous tale," he hissed, the flames licking Mathias's skin, making him grunt in pain.

Vlad stepped forward, a cautionary tone in his voice, "My lord, let him speak. We need to understand the extent of the betrayal."

Mathias, gasping for air, desperately tried to defend himself. "It's true! The red-haired woman with the scar had plans for escape. She convinced me to join the rebellion against you."

Sirius tightened his grip further, as he slammed Mathias against the cold stone wall, his features contorted with rage. "You dare defy me, you pathetic wretch? You think you can play me for a fool?" He snarled, his eyes ablaze with anger.

The general stepped between them, his voice calm but firm. "My lord, we must find out the truth before we make any rash decisions." He glanced at Mathias, his expression unreadable.

Furious and irritated, Sirius threw Mathias away, who was struggling for breath, "Get him out of my sight!" He ordered.

Vlad spoke to the other men, who grabbed Mathias, and dragged him away, while he kept accusing the redhead.

The general closed the doors and turned to Sirius, awaiting his next command.

"That bastard was lying. She wasn't working with him in any way!" Sirius vented, his fury evident.

Vlad's expression was thoughtful. He didn't want to blame Reganbut he cared about the Order's safety, "We can't be sure. She is so desperate to escape."

"No. I know her well enough. She would never make plans with a stranger, no matter how desperate she is," Sirius retorted, his eyes blazing with fire. He could never see Regan with any other eye. He knew her better than he should.

"Maybe that's more than meets the eye." Vlad suggested.

"Enough. This matter is over. Get rid of Mathias. Now you shall bring me Artemis," he instructed.

Vlad nodded, undeterred, knowing that speaking further about Regan would only enrage him more, "As you wish, my lord. Who's Artemis?"

Instead of answering, Sirius walked around his chamber and grabbed a futuristic device. As he turned it on, a hologram of a woman was shown. Working with the device, it printed out a paper.