60

The three kept running with all their strength. Regan didn't know where she was going, she didn't know anything, any path, any way. She only knew that she had to keep going in order to survive.

As she ran, Sirius's words rang her mind: 'You wouldn't even survive out there. You don't know the dangers of the unknown'.

She had survived up to this, at least. It didn't matter, foreign or familiar, she wasn't willing to die.

"Regan...I guess.... we're....very far....now." Artemis said out of her breath. Her legs hurt from running and she constantly feared that with her long dress, she was probably going to stumble somewhere.

The servant girl, kept following them, clueless as well. She didn't have anything to say, she just wanted to make it out alive.

Regan slowed her run a little, being out of breath as well. She looked around the forest, its surroundings were still as eerie and scary. Not only that, it was even getting a bit darker. The sky was clouded by grey and heavy clouds, the possibility of rain. Although Regan wasn't sure. She didn't know if it rained like on earth, but that was the most logical thing to think about.

"Yeah...I think we left them behind. I wonder whose sinister plan that was." She spoke more to herself. Although she didn't want to believe it, she couldn't shrink the possibility of Sirius being involved. But strangely, something prevented her from believing it. And then, the shootings. Where did they come from?

"We should leave the forest quickly. There must be a way out! What way did you come here? How did you come here? Where do you live?" Regan spoke again, wanting to know more of Artemis's life and motives.

Artemis sighed and she sat on a wooden bench, "When I came here, I used a travelling ship. But turning back is not the same. It's not allowed to use travelling ships to leave this realm."

Regan shook her head in frustration , "Why? If you're allowed to enter, why you're not allowed to leave? Ridiculous set by ridiculous rulers.

"It's because Sirius would punish everyone who dares to defy him." Artemis replied.

"So? What is the thing now? Are we going to keep wandering and then find more thugs and monsters?"

"No, we'll first go to my realm and in my house. Then, I'll find a way. Sirius doesn't want you to stay in my realm either. He wants both of us to completely disappear."

Regan cursed under her breath in defiance. Never ever was she going to forget the vow she did. Never ever was she going to act like nothing happened. She decided to not speak back at Artemis for that. Playing along was the best thing to do at this moment.

"So, you are saying that we're going to go to some other planet? We can go to earth." She suggested, although she knew that was a place Sirius knew.

"No, he wouldn't accept that. We'll find a way." Artemis said, her expression thoughtful.

"Lady Artemis, it's getting darker. We should hurry." The maid spoke for the first time. She looked as terrified, her voice shaky and scared.

Regan was grateful for only one thing that she spoke, at least she said Artemis's name.

"Yes, we should get going." Regan supported.

Artemis sighed and stood up, "I think we're soon getting to the town."

Regan nodded and started to walk, keeping close to her sister.

The forest continued to grow with the creepy mists and challenging roads, when they had no idea which turn to take, despite Artemis saying that she knew the way out.