9

Regan drove herself to school furiously. Either she was frustrated with herself for not doing the assignment, or was frustrated with the dream she saw. Add up her sore neck. She felt like a fool.

When she reached the school, she walked through the hallways. They were filled with students and they all were giving her disdainful looks. She didn't know why the hell they couldn't just stop looking at her.

Her first class was literature itself. When she entered the class, Vesper was already sitting at the desk. The assignment affected Regan's grade with a high percentage. She hoped that there would be a way to cover up for her irresponsibility.

As soon as Vesper saw the girl, she spoke with a cheer, "Mrs. Turner is absent today! Thankfully, we won't listen to her boring lessons!"

"You aren't joking?" Regan asked unsure.

"Of course not!"

"Well, that's amazing!" Regan said, and smiled. That raised her mood a bit. It was a relief that Mrs. Turner was absent. The essays would be graded the next time and Regan could make up for her mistake.

She thanked God and smiled once more. The other class was math and they both attended.

***

It was lunchtime and she was bothered to go to the cafeteria. She didn't have any appetite. In fact, she didn't have a big appetite.

She wasn't over the fact of the inexplicable flames on Olivia's hair. How did the flames fell on her? Who was even that brave to prank her that way?

"Regan, come on, I'm hungry!" Vesper caught her arm and tried to get her to stand from the chair.

Regan stood up, dusting her purple pants. She didn't want to go there at all but she didn't have what to do.

When they entered the cafeteria, she sat down instead of going to get food. Vesper was the one who was doing that.

Regan buried her face in her phone, avoiding looking or being looked at.

She looked up once, noticing that Olivia had appeared along with her best friends. Her bodyguards, they were everywhere with her, all after her.

Olivia's hair were only trimmed a bit shorter. Other than that, there wasn't something bad about them.

Regan let down a sigh of relief and she placed her phone on the table.

Olivia walked around with her friends until she stopped at a table somewhere in the middle of the big space. She leaned over and kissed a blond guy. From what Regan could see, this guy was Nate, the one who Olivia earlier accused Vesper for stealing him from her.

Regan looked at her phone again, avoiding looking at the cringe scene that everyone was so fond of.

She didn't notice Vesper, who was sitting with an angry expression.

She had bought a burger for herself and two sodas, which Regan earlier told her to buy one. Vesper frowned, her expression dark.

"Pathetic humans," she sneered.

Regan knew that Nate was the popular guy. She had seen him everywhere. But she never saw him with Vesper since that day when he flirted with her.

"Piece of shit," Vesper cursed.

Regan heard her but didn't reply. She fell in her thoughts again, that time she thought about the unknown voice in her head and the creature, that she apparently knew in the dream. She was having a headache about all that and she felt like a fool.