30

The night passed in a blur and she woke up from a bright sunlight resting on her face. She felt very, but very comfortable, as if she had slept in silk. The bed was soft and fluffy, and the blankets were warm.

She thought it was a good, ethereal morning and didn't want to wake up. But then, the dread, the negativity, the intrusive thoughts, everything came back to her. She was a fool, she was kidnapped, she was in danger and... she was enjoying the bed. She hated herself for that.

But then, she stopped thinking about it and remembered it was daytime. She slipped off the bed and went to the window. At least this chamber had a window.

She shoved the whole curtain and a clear light purple sky was visible. The sun was shining, and it looked white, with a hint of blue. The size was similar to that of the earth.

A glimpse of hope rushed through her heart. The sky didn't look terrific at all, but beautiful instead. It was a comforting sight to behold, despite the unknown that was currently petrifying her.

"So this isn't totally a bad place," she muttered to herself. Whatever was happening to her was a mystery, she didn't know where she was and how she was going to get out. All she knew was she was in a unknown realm or planet and being held captive in a fancy room.

But then, a heavy, seductive smell reached her nose and she looked down at the railing, seeing an ancient vase. On the vase there were red roses. Oh, red roses.

"Damnit," she cursed under her breath. They reminded her of the roses she used to find in her room and her mind swirled with troubled thoughts. Were they the same?

Of course they were the same. The scent was the same, the color the same, the aura the same. There were four of them, and they seemed to watch her, to taunt her and the position she was in.

Then, the realisation that they weren't here before she slept, and that someone had entered in, hit her hard. He did it, who else?

"Maybe I shouldn't have slept," Regan said to herself in frustration. She looked at the tray of food, it was the same. The same spaghettis and glass of water.

She was more hungry than ever, although they were cold now. And her mouth was burning from dehydration.

With her courage she took just a sip from the water. It tasted sweet, not sweet like sugar, but just water. She was so thirsty that she drank it all.

As for spaghettis, she was still skeptical. Her stomach was empty and she wanted to eat, despite herself.

But then, she felt something weird, something haunting. She heard movements from outside the chamber and quickly walked back from where she was.

The doors opened and he was there, the one she hated. His expression was cold, blank, and unreadable.

"Why haven't you eaten already?" He asked coldly, his hawk-like gaze piercing through her eyes.

Regan felt the words catching on her throat. She had to be careful, but her anger was winning.

"You think I'm going to eat that? I know you've poisoned it," she snapped, crossing her arms and darting her eyes away.

It was just impossible for her to look at that man's eyes without feeling embarrassed. His gaze was penetrating, like he could see layers of her soul she didn't even know existed. He was dressed in a long, black coat that made him look even more obscure. Under his coat, he was wearing a white shirt and black pants. His shirt was left unbuttoned at the top, revealing his muscular pale chest. His boots were polished and shiny, like they had been taken care of by someone else.