28

It was a dimly lit chamber, in which Regan discovered herself. As she opened her eyes, an encompassing darkness greeted her. Blinking repeatedly, she sought confirmation that she had truly awakened.

She opened her eyes again but this time, saw a faint glow of pink or purple coming from a weird window.

Regan shifted from her place and felt a blanket, to realize she was in bed, but.... this wasn't her bed. Neither it was the room.

Fear started to spread all over her, add up the fact that she wasn't remember anything. She closed her eyes shut to remember how did she come here.

"God, what it this place?" she said to herself.

She shoved the blanket away not caring to look at it, it was too dark to notice anything.

She sprinted to the dark pink light which was coming from a curtain. She moved the curtain to the side, the material was made of velvet. The room got illuminated slightly better.

As for the window, it was large, arched, an isolated one, covered with rombus patterns. But Regan didn't see that. The shock spread through her as she saw the sky. It was purple, red....it was unbelievable. She couldn't trust her eyes. Red sky? Purple sky?

"This... this isn't real." Regan said to herself backing away. She remembered that sky from somewhere.

Beyond the windows, tall trees obscured the view. So all she could see were the dark green trees and the purple-red sky.

She turned around to see at the room and was amazed. She could see better now, her eyes adjusted. And the light from the window was helping now.

Regan realized that wasn't a normal room, that was a chamber.

Everything in it looked expensive and royal. The bed where she was in, was large, queen sized, adorned with pillows. The blankets were silky, light blue with patterns of flowers. The floor was made of dark, shiny wood. The rugs were of the same color as the bed's blankets. They were covered with intricate and elegant motifs. The curtain was also light blue. So, the main theme was blue.

She glanced around to see the walls were adorned with crown mold in grey and blue. There were oil lamps on them, although they weren't lightened. She looked up at the ceiling to see a chandelier hanging from there. It was made of crystals, reflecting the light from the window.

Regan was bewildered. What the hell was she doing here? This looked like some royal's room. Was she in a dream?

On her left, there was a tall double door that she hurriedly tried to open, but it was locked. Due to her numerous tries, she got more panicked realizing she was trapped in whatever that place was.

"Open the door!" she yelled, banging loudly. She turned again to the window and the same sky was visible, scaring her even more. Why was the sky like that?

"Open. The. Door!" Regan yelled again and tears escaped her eyes. She couldn't remember anything about how she got here. "My phone...." she mumbled and searched through the pockets and around, but her phone was nowhere.

She walked in the other side of the room, devastated and sat on the floor crying. Was she kidnapped now? She felt weak, stupid and tried hard to remember. It was like her memories were trapped behind a door and she couldn't find the key.

"I want to get out of here," she muttered, her voice barely audible. She felt so desperate, so helpless. She covered her face with her hands, tears staining her cheeks. She stayed like that for a while, glancing around the room. The other side was still dark. Even the side that was illuminated, although in light blue colors, still held that dark, gothic edge.