45

As she continued to walk, anxiety and fear engulfed Regan. She started to wonder if it was a trap of Sirius. How hadn't she thought of this earlier? She had been lost in her own lost and the castle's allure, that she forgot to reason. After all, he'd never do good without a catch, would he?

Suddenly, the sounds of laughter, malicious laughter, echoed through the walls. Before Regan could make it out, the trio stepped in front of her, their faces crossed by wicked grins.

Regan recognized them and anxiety started to creep in, although she knew it wasn't the time to show fear. Her eyes lingered on Vesper, not believing the person she turned out to be.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't our bird out of its cage?" Vesper mocked as she walked steps closer to Regan, followed by her sisters.

"She herself, of course. Oh, are you lost? How bad, you can't find your way home. You might as well cry now." Allegra continued the taunt, faking her fake sad dollface.

"Maybe you need a shorter and stronger leash from Sirius, that way you won't be lost around," Circe added, making them all laugh in their mocking tones.

"Get out of my way. What is your problem with me?" Regan snapped, her frustration rising.

"Oh, Regan. There's always a problem others have for you. Indeed, you've caused so many problems lately." Vesper retorted, her eyes glimmering with malice.

"Yes! Because of you, we had to endure a fucking trolls fight, you dumb redhead!" The blondie added with a scowl, her voice high pitched and angry.

Regan had no idea what fight she was talking about but she decided to shrug them off, "Do I look like I care?"

"You should. You have no idea what you're getting yourself into," Circe threatened, crossing her arms.

"Let her drown in stupidity." Vesper said as she swirled her finger on the air, like summoning a spell, "Now, are you ready for a magic show, Regan?" She confidently said.

"Magic show? Absolutely. I've been bored lately," Regan retorted fearlessly, believing that she'd find a way to defend herself.

Vesper, caught aback by Regan's sudden words, exchanged glaces with Allegra, who was getting even angrier and impatient.

"Shut up! You think you're better than us?" Allegra sneered, holding her hands in a strike position.

"Hey, hey, wait," Circe said, sensing the tension. She stepped before her sisters and gave them a knowing warning glance that told they weren't supposed to go further, "We don't have to be so violent, sisters. Who knows, maybe Regan is willing to cooperate."

"Cooperate for what?" Regan's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, wondering what they meant.

"Well, if you do what we say and follow our orders, you won't get hurt," Circe smirked maliciously.

"I'd rather live my life as a prisoner," Regan retorted, not understanding the audacity they had to suggest such a thing. She would never cooperate with them.

"You should know that we're going to make your life hell in there," Vesper hissed.

"You're so brave to talk, Vesper. Why don't you and me have a little chat together?" Regan asked. She couldn't help but think that Vesper was acting powerful because of the other witches and she wanted to make her stop acting like they had never known each other.

"Yes, Vesper. Why don't you and her have have a little chat? Might as well reconsider asking her for that time when your master brought her red roses," Circe suggested, not missing the opportunity to taunt Vesper and at the same time, not wanting to be blamed for getting into confrontation with Regan.