85

"Hey, scarface. Enjoying your food?" Allegra spoke, her voice venomous as a serpent, "We really missed you, you know? We couldn't sleep. Vesper didn't. Neither did his highness."

Regan felt embarrassment creeping up her cheeks. She didn't dare to look at any of them. She had been very brave lately, but somehow, her courage was washing out.

"And?" he said.

"What do you mean 'and'?" Vesper demanded, "What is the meaning of this? This isn't normal."

"What's not normal?" he asked, his voice stoic, his face blank.

"She's your fucking enemy and you brought her here. She almost took one of your dominions and you....you brought her to eat. Are you out of your mind? Who is she? Your lover?!"

Regan felt her anger flutter again. She couldn't believe they were calling her his lover, "Watch your tongue," she warned.

"Watch it yourself, scarface. We know what you're doing," Vesper retorted, her voice poisonous.

Vlad felt the tension escalating between them and he looked at Sirius, silently asking if there was the need to interfere, but Sirius gave him a look to stay quiet and calm.

"I'm not doing anything!" Regan snapped, her anger palpable, "I hate being here. I hate being on a table with idiots like you."

"We also love to be on a table with slaves like you," Allegra retorted, her voice dripping with mockery, "And if you think he loves you, you're wrong."

Regan felt her stomach twist in shame and anger. She didn't dare to look at him but she could feel his eyes on her. She wanted to disappear, to vanish into the dense air. She didn't know, why the hell he relished so much to make her feel embarrassed like that.

"Why are you here then?" Vesper snapped.

"He brought me here!" she retorted.

He leaned on his chair in interest, a smirk playing on his lips as he looked at her.

"Why don't you say anything? Have you gone deaf?" Vesper sneered, looking at Sirius, "Or are you pleased with the fact that you like a slave?"

"I'm not a fucking slave." Regan said through gritted teeth, gripping the tablecloth in anger. "You are his slaves."

"We are not his damn slaves." This time Circe spoke, her voice matching her sisters.

"What are you then?" Regan asked, her jaw clenching.

Vesper looked at Sirius, who held his usual smirk on his face, "Does this look funny to you?" he hissed, "Say something, damnit! Why is she here?"

Sirius's expression turned blank as he took a sip of his drink. He placed the glass on the table, his expression careless. "Well, it's not like I own any explanations to you. I could put you all inside a cage and let you beat the hell out of each other. But I'm feeling generous today, and I'm not willing to waste my time on insolent fools. Now, shut your fucking mouths and eat." He threatened, his eyes at no one in particular.

The witches blood boiled in their veins, their frustration reaching its peak. "You can't just order us around," Circe said, her voice low but frustrated, "We're not servants here. We're your allies and we don't accept bringing her here."

"Who asked?"

"I asked," Vesper spat, "you can't just pretend like everything is normal here."

"I do whatever I want," he retorted, clenching his jaw.

"Really? You casually give her your coat and bring her to eat? What are we supposed to think?" The blonde hissed, her face contorted with anger.

"I don't care what you think. I do whatever I want, I bring whoever I want, I give her whatever I want and the least I'm going to do is ask you. I'm the ruler of this land and you're just some witches who think they have power. But let me remind you, your power only exists because I allow it to."