25

When Regan entered the house, the first thing that Monica told her to do was: shower, eat and drink the pills.

Regan sighed in frustration and a shiver ran down her spine at the mention of pills.

She went to the bathroom, on the first floor. She took a long shower, it was not like she wanted to pass time. After the shower, she dressed up and ate. Monica was consistently looking after her. Regan didn't like it very much but didn't have what to do.

And so, time went by and it was time for Monica to give her pills. She even made Regan to go in her room and sleep there.

Regan agreed internally that she wasn't going to sleep there.

"And what are these tablets for?" Regan asked, bored. She was looking for a way to fake drinking them but it was hard if Monica was going to be around.

"They are to ease your hallucinations." Monica replied.

"Well, I'm going to drink it, you can go and sleep, aunt." Regan said, trying to make up an excuse.

"No, I'm not leaving until I see you drink it." Monica demanded handing her the tablet and the glass of water.

Regan was caught in a hard situation. She didn't want to drink it. What would happen if she did?

A thought came to her that maybe she could do it once, so that Monica would be convinced.

"Don't do it."

Regan knew exactly from who the warning came of. Thinking about it deeply this whole thing made no sense. How could he talk in her mind?

Taking it in consideration, she thought something. Maybe she could keep the tablet inside her mouth and not swallow it.

"Okay," she said and took the pill. She gulped the water down but not the tablet.

And Monica actually bought her lie thinking she really drank it.

"Don't worry sweetie, that's for your good only. She stroked her hair and kissed her forehead, "Goodnight," she said and left the room, turning the lights off.

As soon as she did, Regan pushed the covers away and went to the bathroom to threw the pill out. She also washed her mouth to get rid of the odd and bitter taste.

She knew that lying was bad and if Monica learnt that, it would be really bad but Regan didn't had any other way.

She looked at her reflection and wondered of what Monica thought of her red hair. Did she think she was coloring them herself?

She walked out of the bathroom and turned back on her room. Turning the lights on, she looked at the time. It was 10:34.

She had the choice to go and sleep but she didn't feel safe doing that. As for the dream, she wasn't really much scared as back then.

She sat on the bed and waited a few minutes. She waited so that she could go downstairs when her aunt would be asleep.

After some minutes, Regan got up and went to the living room. She paced a bit around and then sat on the couch, looking at her phone. Then, she drank lemonade and ate some chips that had been left in a cupboard. Normally, there wouldn't be left because she'd eaten them all but these days she thought only about one thing only.

And so she didn't sleep for once but her eyes were red and tired in the morning.

At least, she didn't have school the next day. She didn't want to zone or feel sleepy in the class. She'd rather sleep at day, rather than at nights, although he still haunted her.