14

The door opened and Regan flinched. Vesper was standing there with a messy look. Her hair was disheveled, the opposite of what they were at school; sleek straight, and her eyes were drowsy. She was wearing short pajamas.

When Regan saw that, she realized she was on pajamas too. The girl cringed embarrassingly at herself. She probably looked even worse. But who cared about looks in the chaos that she found herself in?

"Regan, what are you doing here?" Vesper asked, yawning and then made a confused face.

The girl in question swore at herself for waking the other up from sleep in such an hour, "I'm such an idiot and a coward!"

"Vesper, I really need your help, call the police, hurry!" she urged with a shaking voice.

"Wait, what happened, why should I call the police?"

"Someone is in my house, and my aunt is inside!" Regan said panicked and lowered her voice to not wake any other people up. It should be noted that in the silence of the night, people could wake up easily if odd raised voices are heard. That was the least she wanted.

"Are you serious Regan? Who is in your house?" Vesper asked, folding her arms.

"I am dead serious,I saw it, please call the police, I don't have my phone...!" The scared girl said.

Vesper on the other hand didn't seem very affected. She took it as a not important matter, knowing that Regan was paranoid. She stepped out in her slippers and closed the main door behind her.

"Regan, come on, you must be exaggerating. How about I come in your house and check it?" Vesper suggested putting her hand into Regan's shoulder but then jerked it away faster then the wind. Her shoulder was hotter than the spoon, when placed on the oven. Vesper waved her hand on the air and sighed frustrated.

"What?" Regan said not understanding why she did so. She acted as if she burnt her hand.

"Nevermind. So, how come we go and check your house for anything wrong?"

"Okay."

Vesper, bored and angry from the girl behind her, walked in annoyance to her house. She opened the main door, which wasn't locked. Regan followed her from behind, scared and terrified.

Vesper entered first and stood in the kitchen. Everything looked normal and fine. Meanwhile when Regan entered, she felt a weird presence. At that time the girl wasn't even sure of herself. She had no idea what was going on through her.

"So, where is that someone in your house?" Her short tempered friend asked with a tired look, "what's the point of waking me up over nothing?"

Regan stood there ashamed. She knew that the 'thing' meant to terrify and mess with her, and of course, not show in front of others.

She was going to answer her but footsteps were heard from the staircase.

Her heart nearly went away until she saw Monica coming downstairs.

"What on earth are you both doing in the middle of the night?" Monica questioned with a tired voice. When Regan saw her, she let a long breath. No matter what fear she felt, Monica was safe at least. Well, how would Regan explain this?

"You told me your aunt was sleeping!" Vesper hissed in her ear in low mumble making her flinch.

"I...I-"

"Okay, so, Regan came in my house and told me someone broke in your house, aunt Monica," Vesper interrupted.

"What? Regan is this true?"