32

The chamber where he was staying was his study. It was dark, with stony walls, just like the rest of the castle. The floor was made of dark, polished wood, glistering slightly from the torches on the wall.

Only a few torches were lightened. The windows were tall and arched, covered with silky red curtains with gold lines. A few were sweept away, filtering some light.

Across the room, there were sets of tall bookshelves, holding old manuscripts and tomes, filled with mysteries and secrets from other worlds and planets. The desk was on the other side, it was made of wood. On the surface, there were a few books arranged neatly, papers and letters with beautiful, elegant handwriting, and sketches. One sketch in particular was a portrait of a person. But it wasn't finished. Other stretches consisted of maps and charts, showing uncharted territories and lands, waiting to be discovered. They were all being lightened by a candelabra, its flames casting weird shadows on the papers.

The air was warm, despite the darkness of the chamber. A fireplace was across the room, the fire burning in vivid flames. There were also two red couches, their red velvets plump and inviting, facing each other. Above the fireplace was a painting of a vast forest, the trees swaying gently in the breeze.

The walls of the chamber were adorned with crimson-gold crown molding. They held different paintings, most were abstract and surreal, some were portraits of people, some were landscapes.

He was sitting there, on his desk, his back to the fireplace.

"Hey there grumpy guy, missed me?" A high pitched feminine voice pierced through the already tense air. The voice snapped the sorcerer's attention back to reality. He had been drowning in a book, like most times, losing his mind. That voice was the last thing he wanted to hear now. Just like any other voice that he'd hear. Or maybe, not every voice. Not hers.

"Missed you dearly," he retorted, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Well, now I don't plan to leave, that place was ridiculous and weird. And I have to get rid of this stupid disguise," she said as she walked closer.

Sirius's eyes darted away from the book he was reading and he looked at the witch in front of him, giving her a cold look. The only reason he cooperated with her and her sisters were because she was competitive and ambitious, eager for power.

Other than that, it was a waste of time. It was worthless and boring. They didn't know what personal space was. They were gullible and irritating. However, they were still evil just like he considered himself. They weren't afraid to play. And they were willing to do whatever he wanted, just for power and attention, so they were good enough to keep as pawns.

He cast a spell at her, making her lose the disguise. His gaze fell on the old manuscript again, uninterested at the transformation.

Her appearance changed from short brown hair with pink bangs, to natural blue, long straight hair. The once brown eyes, changed to grey. Dark makeup replaced light makeup. And the 'S' mark washed away from her neck. That indicated that earlier she was in the sorcerer's magic's effect.

"Finally!" she exclaimed, taking a deep breath as she looked down at her figure.

"Leave now, Vesper. Your chamber is ready," he ordered, his expression cold and stern.

Vesper's brows furrowed, "Trying to get rid of me so fast?"

"I don't remember asking you to stay," he retorted coldly.

Vesper rolled her eyes, placing her hand on the desk, leaning closer.

"Oh, but I don't think so. I mean, yes, I may go out of your chamber but there are funnier things to do other than staying like a redhead nerd inside a bedroom," Vesper said, her voice low and venomous.