71

As if remembering the ways around the forest, Regan tried to sneak to the garden behind the palace. She remembered the portal in which she had teleported to the City of Lights.

Taking a deep breath, she put on the hood of her robe and gripped it tightly. The wind was howling and swirling, making the snow fly everywhere. It was difficult to see, since everything was white and grey, and perhaps the tall fortress, she couldn't see much better.

However, she kept walking, trying to hide under the shelters of the fortress. The strong wind threatened to take her breath away, but she kept going.

The fortress shelters stretched far and soon they turned to a corridor with columns on it's side. She feared where she'd lead herself. She feared if she'd see Agnar again. Or if Artemis. She was her sister, and she couldn't believe how things had turned to.

Suddenly, she felt something uneasy and uncertain. She had felt this too many times before. But it was uncertain. Undecipherable. She slowed down her pace and continued to walk. When she was going to turn to a corner, she heard a voice from far.

The voice was mostly a low ramble, and she didn't understand if it was the wind itself talking. She slowly peaked her head out of the wall and saw a man dressed in a military attire.

Regan's eyebrows furrowed, her mind swirling with thoughts, "I know this.... He is, he's his commander?"

She continued to stare at the man. His posture was stiff and guarded. He didn't move, but she knew she was going to be seen if she continued to walk, "Isn't that....Vlad?" She said after remembering his name, "Oh God."

Regan hid behind the wall, shutting her eyes closed, "Sirius is here?" She questioned herself, holding her breath. She remembered Agnar's words about how he was going to tell Sirius. She wondered what he had probably told. What a sick creature of him had told. She felt embarrassed to the core and wanted to just vanish into thin air.

Then, she heard a voice, a well familiar voice. She peeked her head out slowly, seeing it was Sirius, of course. He was wearing a black cloak, and it was covered in snow. The wind blew it strongly, making him look like some sort of angel. Regan hoped that they both would leave.

However, they were stubborn enough to leave. Regan cursed under her breath, getting irritated second by second. What was it to Sirius? Was he looking to capture her again?

A shiver ran down Regan's spine, accompanied with the coldness of the environment. She didn't have where to go, didn't have where to hide. If someone of them decided to look into that area, she'd be seen in an instant, and who knows? Captured again.

"What an idiot I am. I should've minded my business since the start of this," she mumbled to herself in frustration, clenching her sleeves.

Suddenly, Sirius shifted from his place, his direction to the area where Regan was hiding.

"Damnit!" she mumbled, "Trouble after trouble! Why can't I catch a breath?"

She glanced back but it was no use to ran back on the corridor. That way, she'd be seen as well. She couldn't go anywhere else. She prayed for this to end and to just disappear.

She peeked her head out, watching Sirius draw nearer, his eyes scanning the area. She pressed herself against the wall, trying to make herself as small as possible, praying that he wouldn't see her.

But Sirius's gaze seemed to linger on the spot where she was hiding, he could sense her presence.

"I know you're there, Regan," Sirius's voice echoed through the corridor, sending a chill down her spine. "There's no use hiding."