76

Regan spent the time in Iris's bedroom. It was large, with two comfortable beds, tall glass windows colored in blue and plain walls. She didn't sleep at all, although Iris told her that she should sleep.

She stayed clutched in her seat and thought about her messed up state. Her mind drowned in her past mistakes and she wondered what would've happened if she hadn't messed with Agnar's affair or if she hadn't even left Silvertide. Would it have been better?

There was a deep revenge burning inside her, longing to make them all pay, everyone who wronged her. She hoped that the matter with the vampire, wouldn't escalate further. Her fists clenched when she remembered about that claim thing and everything linked to it. Regan loathed it and it made it difficult for her to breathe.

She glanced out of the windows, but they weren't very transparent. She wondered what was happening behind her back, maybe so many things, maybe she was on the hunt to be killed or something else.

The thoughts made her shiver and tremble. She didn't want to be afraid and terrified of them. She didn't want to seem small.

Finally, she stood up from the bed and approached a mirror. She stared at her reflection, her messy hair, her tired eyes and the dark circles under them. Not that she cared about it, but it served to bring her determination to fight. After all, she wasn't guilty. Whatever she had done, she did it from the wish for justice.

Suddenly, Iris entered the room and she flinched a little.

"Hey Cornelia, are you alright? If you need anything, you can always tell me," she assured.

"I want to fight them. I want to get rid of them." Regan retorted, determination burning through her.

"I understand. I know how revenge feels. But yours seems way broader. I understand you don't want to tell, but it's better if you let it out." Iris said, sitting on the bed.

"I'd want to tell you more, but it's worthless," Regan shook her head. "It doesn't matter. What matters, is that I want to finish this."

"And I'm more than eager to do the same. You know, me and Jack are childhood friends. Since our land got colonized, we've always wanted to get revenge from Sirius, even though we have never seen him. But you seem to know much more than we do, so... You should lead the way. We're going to plan everything together. And we're going to defeat them, no matter what." Iris said, her determination clear.

Regan was a bit reluctant for the leading role, but she felt a sort of relief in having someone to trust. She nodded slowly, taking a deep breath and finally exhaling. "Okay," she said, her voice shaky but determined, "We'll do this together. We'll take them down."

Iris smiled at her, giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze. "That's the spirit. We'll start by gathering information, finding out everything we can about them. Then we'll plan our moves. And trust me, we're going to do this."

Regan's expression turned thoughtful for a moment. She remembered when Iris had told her that she lived with her family in the North, but it seemed like Jack was her only roommate.

"You said you live with your family... is it just you and Jack?" she asked, slightly hesitantly.

"Well, no. My parents and siblings work a lot, so they rarely come home. They trust Jack to take care of me and vice versa. Jack's family, well... they're not close. He's an only child, and his parents... well, let's just say they have a different view of things than we do." Iris paused, looking away for a moment before continuing.

"Anyway, I know Jack has your back, just like I have yours. No matter what we have to do, we'll do it together. Jack is lazy and laid back but he's got a good heart." She smiled reassuringly.