33

As time had passed, it had no difference for Regan. She continued to stay clutched in the bed, in her melancholy, just like how she had been feeling in her house. The worst of it, it was a luxurious prison. It didn't make sense.

She had some hope and a bit of relief about it. She couldn't help it, her weird abduction could've been worse. It could've been physical abuse, starving in a cold cell, never seeing the glimpse of light with her eyes. At least she wasn't experiencing the worst symptoms of abduction.

She was isolated, still. The only thing that Regan knew was if it was day or night. She didn't even know if clocks existed in that place.

Even though she wanted to go back to her land, it was intriguing to go and explore the new planet. To learn its laws and nature. To see how other people looked like. Did they all had the features of humans? Did animals exist? Was there atmosphere? When Regan had looked through the window, it made sense that there was atmosphere.

The sky was sometimes light purple and dark, sometimes red. There were also clouds. The leaves of trees appeared to waver most of the time.

It'd be a great discovery. Other habitable planets. Humans would be discovering planets with beings, which looked pretty similar to them. Regan would make a big difference. It was extraordinary.

And then, she'd think that she'd achieve this only if she got back on earth. But who would believe her? How would she prove this? If she ever got back. The thoughts made her turn grumpy and the possibility that she'd never get to change the world's perception of extraterrestrial life, reappeared.

She glanced around the chamber, her eyes constantly lingering to the antique wardrobe. It was across the room. It was large and big, made of wood, grey in color. The doors were carved with tangled roses. There were clothes inside, expensive, sophisticated clothes. She didn't know why. They were beautiful. It was unnerving.

Regan had stayed with her loose tee shirt and jeans. She wasn't going to change. Maybe they forgot the clothes there. Her mind kept wandering to his words. He hadn't made an appearance since the last time he threatened her to eat. He was despicable.

She felt exposed and embarrassed. How much had he watched her? She knew it was persistent, but she was way too worried about it. It was when she was at home and at school. But what if it was when she was in the bathroom? The thought made her feel terrible, her anxiety skyrocketing.

He had told he didn't watch her in that way. But she didn't believe him. She was disgusted, completely.

"Oh, God, why did this have to happen to me?" Regan murmured, her eyes darting around the room as if expecting him to appear out of thin air. She found herself thinking about that damn haunting again.

Ew, she thought, shuddering. How disgusting. She wanted to rip his face off if she ever saw him again. When she was home, she hadn't really thought if she was watched in the bathroom. Maybe because she felt it at different times, his presence.

She hoped he hadn't watched her in that way. Otherwise, she was going to make his life hell. She was already planning to.

She stood up from the bed, trying to think about something else. The more she thought about it, the more terrible she felt. Her heart raced, she felt waves of panic and anger.

She remembered his words about her possessing powers and eventually ended up fancying them. If she had powers, magical powers, she'd have something to stand against him. Yes, she could stand against him without powers, but it was less convincing.

The wardrobe seemed to taunt her. She went to open it, staring at the clothes inside. They were made of silk, cotton and other expensive materials. There were also dresses, long and short dresses, short and long sleeved, their colors ranging from dark to pastel. And they weren't plain or simple, they were intricately designed. She didn't know why the hell there were dresses here. What was the point?