87

She woke up and found herself in the room she was previously in. She was lying on the bed, covered with blankets. Regan slipped the blankets away and looked down at her clothes to find the same ones. She sighed and rubbed her eyes.

However, the memories flooded back in and she felt terrified again. She was captured again and nothing had changed. She had even appeared weak and powerless, something she hated. She remembered the cut on her forearm and looked at it.

But to her surprise, the cut had disappeared, leaving only a thin and faded line. Her eyebrows furrowed as she observed her arm. It looked at if she had passed days after that cut. And then, the thought struck her, for how long was she sleeping?

She tried to make sense of it, what had he injected her with? What he had done after she fell unconscious? The thoughts made her shiver and she started to get panicked.

She couldn't bear it anymore, she couldn't stay here.

Pacing around quickly, she killed her mind with plans to help Iris escape or to just do something.

She felt helpless and mad. She prayed to God for a way, while blaming her own self for what was happening.

She glanced out of the window, it was day. Then, her gaze rested in the tray of food on a small table. She was hungry, her stomach making sounds. She ate, not caring if Sirius had drugged it or whatever.

Then, time passed for her that way, thinking of a way out. But she knew that she couldn't just get out of here for herself. Not after all that she had done. He really had some right in imprisoning her that time.

All she wanted was to help Iris and the others. She didn't want them to suffer for something that was her own plan.

But then, she heard a knock on the door. She called for them to enter and it was a servant girl, holding a tray of food. Before Regan could react, the servant fell on the floor, revealing someone behind her.

Regan's heart nearly jumped. There stood Iris, with a sort of bat or weapon, her face tight with determination and sweat, her face and clothes messy.

"Iris?!" Regan blinked, not believing who she was seeing.

"Cornelia!" Iris called and lunged at her, hugging her tightly, "I-I never thought I was going to find you!"

Regan felt a warmth spread over her as she hugged her back, "How did you escape?"

"It's a bit of a long story. But we should go." Iris urged as she broke the hug. For a moment, Regan stood there stiffen as she pondered the move.

"It's dangerous, what if he finds us?" She asked, her face clouded with fear.

"He won't." Iris said, "Now, let's get out of here." And with that, she took Regan's hand and started to led her out. The left quickly, closing the chamber's door, leaving the servant there, unconscious.

They started walking on the dark hallways, their footsteps light as feathers. Regan could see that Iris was just as scared and panicked, however she was happy that at least, she had managed to escape from the dungeons.

As they kept hiding on the wall's shadows, they heard some steps. They hid deeper in the walls and saw some guards passing by. Thankfully, they didn't notice the girls and they kept going.

"Iris, do you even know where we're going?" Regan whispered.

Iris shook her head, "To be honest, no. But I'm sure we'll find a way out."

They kept doing the hiding and walking thing, their hearts pounding rapidly and their hands clutched tightly. Soon enough, a familiar female voice pierced through the air, making them flinch.