50

As Regan stood there, torn in her thoughts, she sank into a nearby chair and tears flooded her eyes. She couldn't believe anything she heard. Tears crossed her cheeks and suddenly she realized; she was still in the sorcerer's chamber.

Overwhelmed, she wiped her tears and tried to swallow her thoughts.

She got up from the chair and swiftly opened the chamber's door. When she walked into the pentagon corridor, she come in front with a unknown man, dressed in military attire. That was general Vlad. She remembered him from that forced dinner she had days ago.

"Are you alright?" Vlad asked through his usual stoicism, upon noticing her red eyes.

Regan tried to hold her composure, while beneath she was getting even more vulnerable.

"I'm fine, why do you ask?" she tried to steady her voice.

The general's stoicism lowered a bit as he spoke, "I saw you going out of Sirius's chamber with teary eyes. If anything's bothering you, you can always address to me. If you don't know already, I'm general Vlad, Sirius's second in command."

Regan avoided eye contact and darted her eyes around, trying to ignore him, "Alright."

Vlad persisted, "If there's anything you need or want to discuss, I'm here."

"Fine. Thanks," she muttered, turning away, trying to distance herself as far as possible.

As she walked away, Vlad maintained a respectful distance but kept a watchful eye on her.

Suddenly, the sorcerer emerged from the darkness at the end of the hall, his expression dark and displeased as he noticed Vlad's presence.

"What's the matter, Vlad? Why are you bothering her?" His voice was sharp, a tinge of possessiveness in his tone.

"Nothing, my lord. I asked for any possible disturbance." Vlad calmly replied.

Sirius's eyebrows furrowed, his expression dark, "Let her be. Stick to your duties, general," he ordered, his voice stern.

"As you wish, my lord," the general nodded  and left on his way.

Sirius's gaze flickered at Regan, his expression unreadable, "What were you talking with him? You're looking for company?" He asked, his voice sharp in the air's tension.

Regan glared at him with a heated gaze, "I'm looking for you to root in hell," she hissed and walked away in enraged steps.

As soon as she entered her chamber, she locked the door. She lay on the bed and started crying again, unwillingly as she realized how lost and how lied she was. She was overwhelmed by the revelations, by the fact that her life had been built on lies. That was why she felt like non-belonging anywhere. She was living a lie. She didn't belong anywhere. Her homeland was destroyed and there was nothing to do of that.

"Aunt could have at least told me I was adopted," she mumbled to herself.

She couldn't believe how her aunt had hid that from her. How could her aunt not tell her she was adopted? It wouldn't change much but she'd know her identity wasn't true, at least.

Then, her thoughts swirled with hatred and anger for Sirius. He was the reason for everything, he had destroyed her previous life and was still doing it. There was pain and fury in her, but there was also disbelief. It all seemed like a lie.

Her hands gripped the sheets tightly and she couldn't stop the tears. She had known her parents, but they weren't really her parents. She had no idea where she came from.

Suddenly, a knock snapped her out. Regan wiped her tears angrily and dragged herself from the bed. As she unlocked it, it revealed to be Seraphina. She smiled gently at her, but immediately noticed Regan's depressed face.