72

He stepped past the icy fence and started walking through the garden of icy glaciers and frozen trees. They met with a portal, the same portal she had encountered with Artemis.

"Go first, little kitten," Sirius said.

Regan frowned in annoyance of being called 'little kitten', "Why?" she snapped, "Are you afraid I'll escape if you go first?"

"Oh, no," he nonchalantly replied, "I'm just saying, if beasts are lurking on the other side, you'd be the one to die first at least."

"You're the real beast here," Regan hissed, her eyes narrowing.

"Oh, Regan. You wounded my heart with your sharp words," Sirius dramatically sighed, his eyes innocent. "Besides, you're not willing to hold my hand, are you? If you don't want to go alone?"

"I'd rather die than hold your hand," Regan snapped.

"Dramatic," he remarked.

With a sigh, Regan turned to the arched portal, whose corners were made of ice, and its green-blue vertex was swirling beautifully. She entered the portal, feeling as if she was floating into the nowhere, as if she was going to faint. She teleported to the same place she had teleported with Artemis before. Her head spun and her eyesight went blurry. The storm had subsided and the cold wasn't as fierce as before.

Seconds later, he teleported as well, appearing right next to her.

"Let's go," he said, starting to walk, leaving no place for her to refuse. She followed him, her heart racing in her chest. They walked through the city outskirts, the sky darkened into a chilling dark grey. The city from far was more than brighter and brilliant. However, she couldn't help but feel hopeless. How was she going to find that 'Diamonds and Fangs' bar? The bar where Iris would hang out?

As lost in thought, she felt a tug at her cloak, drawing her to the other side. Startled, she whirled around to see Sirius grinning down at her. "You seem lost, little kitten," he said, his voice laced with amusement. "Are you having trouble finding your way?"

Her cheeks flushed with anger and embarrassment, but she forced herself to stay disinterested. She ignored him, walking forward.

"Oh, grumpy?" Sirius teased, walking beside her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder, "Who hurt my little kitten?" He chuckled, and she gritted her teeth, pulling away.

"I'm not your little kitten," Regan retorted, trying to control her anger. It was becoming infuriatingly difficult.

"You need to stay close to me," he said, now his voice stern and stoic. "It won't be good if you look as if you're lost."

"I'm hungry," she suddenly said. In fact, she was. She hadn't eaten anything since the night she witnessed Agnar's affair. Thinking of Agnar made her blood boil and she remembered Artemis. What happened there?

"Fine. I'll get you something around here," he replied.

"Well...uh... there's...a place to buy," Regan said awkwardly. She wanted to go to the bar where Iris hanged out. She wanted to find her there.

"And?"

"And I wanted to go there."

"What's so special about that place?" Sirius asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It's just...a place I know." Regan lied. She wouldn't tell him about Iris. "Can we go there?" She asked, her voice hopeful.

"What makes you think I'll agree to that? We're each other's enemy, remember? Why would I help you?" Sirius sneered, his voice laced with disbelief.