38

After Seraphina left, Regan locked the door and she grabbed the ancient book that her mentor left. Its cover was captivating, with gothic letters and dark frames. Regan flipped through the pages and there were drawings of flowers and other herbs. She didn't know what to use that for.

During her practice with Seraphina, Regan could use telekinesis but only with Seraphina's help. That made her confused and skeptical, wondering if this was just a hoax and she didn't have any kind of ability. The thought itself made her feel sad. While it'll be extraordinary for her to have supernatural powers, some things didn't suit right.

She was also hungry. She couldn't talk to anyone, couldn't get out of that isolated room. She wondered what her aunt was doing and this tormented her even more. Her aunt's thoughts would never reach the extent into thinking that her niece was abducted by aliens.

Taking a deep breath, she thought to give these powers a try. She didn't believe it though. Her eyes lingered on the book and she tried to focus the way that Seraphina did. Regan moved her hands thinking that the book would move, but it didn't. Then, she snapped her hand on her forehead and and threw herself on the bed, frustrated.

"Oh God....This is so strange," she said, not noticing the book flew apart.

As she opened her eyes and got up, she saw the book on the ground, confusion twisting her face.

"How did it fall there?" Regan asked herself, considering that its position was far from the table.

She couldn't shake off the disbelief etched on her face as she stared at the fallen book and at her hands. A mix of astonishment and uncertainty filled her thoughts. "Did I do it?" she whispered.

Driven by curiosity, Regan approached the book cautiously. She extended her hand, her fingers trembling slightly, and focused on the object before her. She moved her hands in weird position and saw the book raising slightly. She tried it a couple of times and she could levitate the book without the need to touch it.

A rush of exhilaration and disbelief surged through Regan. "I did it!" she exclaimed, a mixture of excitement and realization lighting up her eyes. She smiled at herself after such a long time. She didn't remember the last time she had felt happy and had genuinely smiled.

Then, Regan tried to get the book to her by using her newfound abilities. The book moved and Regan couldn't believe it was really true. She wondered how she didn't know about this before, how these abilities never crossed her mind on Earth.

Her excitement was cut off when a knock was heard. She heard Althea's voice and rushed to open the door.

Althea stood there was a tray in her hands, her face white as ever, as if she had seen a monster. Her hands trembled on her hold and Regan couldn't help but ask.

"Is there any problem, Althea?" she asked confused.

"Nothing, I brought you food." Althea said, her brown locks covering her face. She gave the tray to Regan and left abruptly.

Regan was confused by the maid's behavior but she was grateful that she was being given food at least. As a captive, she could have been left to starve.

As she started to eat, her mind wandered back to the sorcerer; his mysterious but true words and his hidden intentions.

However she knew that his intentions were to steal her powers. That was why he brought a mentor, so then he could get the powers for himself. But Regan vowed to not let that happen. She decided to not let anyone order her again. However, when she knew that he could easily threaten her around, she felt powerless.

After she ate, she started singing. She had been doing that a lot lately. It helped her calm down and escape from the loneliness and the weight of her situation. It was a random song she had heard. Then, she felt a presence. The same she felt on Earth. The same she felt when she would do her homework in her own house. Her voice faded away and she was left with the feeling of being watched.