04

The following day, the Spielberg circuit was once again abuzz with excitement as the day's races approached

The following day, the Spielberg circuit was once again abuzz with excitement as the day's races approached. Lexi Heroux, her high spirits undeterred from her lack of sleep, hurried through the paddock in her striking ensemble from the morning's filming session. 

An oversized cobalt blue blazer, matching strappy heels, and a skintight white dress left her sticking out of the paddock crowds like a sore thumb. She'd planned to change before leaving the set, but delays on her scenes meant that she had no choice but to leave as soon as she finished filming. 

Her heart raced not just from the anticipation of watching her racing friends in action but also from the mad dash to meet up with the "Champion" cast - she'd told Tom she would be there at 11 am, and it was already almost 1:30 pm. 

As she darted through the bustling paddock, the unexpected happened. One misplaced step, and she found herself stumbling forward, her right heel snapping as she twisted her ankle. Before she could hit the ground, strong hands swiftly caught her, preventing any mishap as they held her tightly.

"Merde! Whoa, Lexi! Are you okay?" Charles Leclerc's voice rang out, laced with amusement.

Lexi grinned, feeling a mix of relief and embarrassment as she tottered back, pulling her broken heel from her foot with a wince. "Thanks, Charles. That would have been embarrassing." she nodded to the nearby TV crew who were prepping for an interview.

Charles chuckled, his eyes sparkling with humor. "I'm happy to be of service."

Lexi playfully looked down at her strappy blue high heels, one of which now had a broken heel. She couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the situation. "Well, these shoes have certainly seen better days." she sighed.

Charles raised an eyebrow teasingly. "I can't believe you managed to run in heels so high!"

Lexi poked her tongue out at him as she took the other heel off, leaning on him for support. He graciously helped her to stay upright as she took the other shoe off, now standing barefoot in the paddock as she held the shoes in her hands. 

"Come on," Charles grinned. "Let's find you some new shoes." he nodded to the Ferrari garage. 

"Oh, um-,"

"You can't walk around here barefoot, ma chérie," he laughed. 

Alexandra suddenly found a blush working its way through her cheeks. What did he just call her? Reluctantly, she followed him as he made his way into the garage, moving towards what seemed to be an office. Charles knocked on the door, and stuck his head in, muttering in French to the occupant. 

"Salut, avons-nous des chaussures de rechange?" he asked. Lexi grinned as the person inside nodded, beckoning them inside. It seemed to be an office of some sort, although, in the corner of the room, there was a pile of different types of safety boots. Ugly, but unfortunately, necessary.